Chapter 3

ANNABELLA'S POV

I pull up to my house already dreading walking in. I had to run back to the school to grab my car after my little scene this morning, thanks to Kyle. Uggh that bastard, this is honestly all his fault anyway. If he would have just left me alone and let me enjoy my birthday instead of ruining it more than I wouldn't be about to walk into my own personal hell right now.

As I get out of the car I get an uneasy feeling, thinking it could just be that I haven't eaten much today, I brush it off and proceed to go inside. I open the tall wooden door and see that my dad in sitting next to my mother on the coach in the living room. I notice he is breathing hard and she is soothingly rubbing his back to calm him down a bit. I only take a couple steps inside before both their heads snap towards me. I see worry in my mother's eyes and anger in my dads. My dad stands up from his spot and starts walking towards me.

"Where in the hell have you been Annabella because you sure as hell weren't in school!!" he roars.

"I'm sorry dad, things got heated and my wolf got very angered so I had to get out of that school and run off some steam." I say with my head lowered, not daring to look him in the eye.

"What happened." he said with no emotion.

"Kyle was saying I was a weak she wolf and- "

"YOU DITCHED SCHOOL BECAUSE A BOY INSULTED YOU? HA! And here I thought I raised my daughter to fight her battles and not be such a coward and run from them." he says, disappointment evident in his voice.

"But dad-" I argue.

"Go upstairs and get ready we'll discuss your punishment later. Right now I don't have time for your pathetic excuses, we have to leave soon." he commands.

"Get ready for what..? I thought we weren't doing anything for my birthday?" I say confused. This year was the year when we decided I can do what I want for my birthday with my friends, instead of having a family party like usual.

"Well maybe if you wouldn't have ditched school, you would have heard that the Royals' sons, prince Marco and prince Mason, have returned and they're having a ball in their honor to welcome them home, and everyone in the neighboring packs with them are to come." he said with annoyance.

"WHAT!" I yell frantically.

"DON'T RAISE YOUR VOICE AT ME! And attendance is mandatory so you are going whether you want to or not so get ready because I will not having you dressed like that going to this formal event. You are a beta's daughter, now start acting like it." And with that he stormed out of the house leaving me no room for argument.

I turn to my mom for some type of reassurance but all she does is look at me with pity.

"Mom please this isn't fair it's my birthday ! Can't you get me out of this please I'm begging you" I say desperately, on the verge of tears.

"I'm sorry honey but there is nothing I can do even if I wanted to, it was commanded by the Royals, and disobeying it would call for serious consequences. And I can't go against your father, he's right you know, skipping school is not something taken lightly." she says and walks out of the room leaving me alone.

I run upstairs and slam my door. I'm so pissed and I seriously hate everyone right now. I should've known that bad feeling I had earlier was something, but I never thought this. It's my god damn birthday but no one could give a damn, my parents are punishing me for something that's not even my fault! and now I have this stupid ball for some stuck up, conceded princes' that I have no choice in going to, Whoopty fucking doo.

I go and look in my closet for something nice to wear, I go to my dress section and pick out a strapless black dress with a sweet heart neck line that has a scooped back that shows my back and curves back up right on my lower back and flows down to my ankles an has a slit from the middle of my thigh down. It's a bit sexy but not slutty, I like to still keep it classy since I have respect for myself unlike most girls my age who like to put everything out there for the world to see, I'm not saying I hide my body, because I don't, but I keep my clothing modest.

I go to my shoes and pick out red pumps, gotta love the classic pair or black and red, then I lay my dress on my bed and head off to the bathroom to freshen up. Once I'm done I slip on my dress and heels and go sit at my vanity and apply some grey and black eye shadow and smoke it out a bit then i apply some bronzer to give my face some definition and top my look off with a bright red lipstick to complement my warm skin tone.

Once I'm completely ready I head down stairs and notice my parents are both shuffling around in the kitchen so I make my way there to see if we're leaving yet.

"Annabella there you are I-" my mother stops mid sentence and just stares at me in awe. I look a her confused and notice my dad is giving me the same look. Okay what in the hell is going on.
My mother starts to walk up to me and gives me a hug, and look at her as if she's just grown three heads because what in the hell....?

"Mom... what's the matter?" I say slowly.

"Nothing it's just, my baby girl is all grown up and I just can't believe how beautiful you are sweetie" she says with pride and love in her eyes.

"You really do look beautiful sweetheart" my dad pipes in while I give him a surprised yet sympathetic look. I know he's been really stressed lately since I'm not the easiest daughter to have and since he's a beta he has a lot of work and responsibility in this pack, those type of things take there till on a person eventually no matter how strong they seem.

"Thank you, I love you guys" I say with every ounce of truth in my heart. We fight all the time but I love my parents regardless.

"Okay well we have to go so let's head out because I'm pretty sure your father hates being late" my mother says.

And with that we head out to the oh so lovely royals ball.

Oh my god I'm so sorry guys, I know you probably hate me but I've had a lot going on and a lot of things I had to deal with these past couple days, I know this chapter is up super late and it may be disappointing because she doesn't meet them but the story needed to build up a little more and I swear on my life next chapter WILL HAVE HER MEET THEM. I'm sorry please don't hate me guys!!! comment what you think of this chapter and also let me know what do you guys like to do in your free time ! I want to get to know my readers (: