2

"Rose", Marco said.

"What?", I asked.

"Look at that awesome skate park", he replied.

"Marco you made me pause my music for a skate park? Marco you are 35 years old and you're blabbing about a skate park?", I asked.

"Hey Tony Hawk could've skated here. You never know. One day I could be skating on the same ramp he did", he said.

"Yeah sure", I said.

I looked out the window and saw we pulled up into a long driveway. Then I saw a big house that could be bigger than my parents' house. I got my bag and went to the door. I pulled the keys out my pocket and opened the door. When the lady said the house was new she wasn't kidding. Marble floors, high ceilings, crème painted walls, a staircase and a balcony in the house and a long hallway that must lead to some rooms. I heard footsteps and something drop on the floor.

"Mind giving me a hand?", Marco asked.

"I think you got it", I said walking outside.

"Haha very funny", he said sarcastically.

I grabbed whatever I could so basically one box while Marco grabbed two and stacked them on top of each other. Marco is fit and handsome. He could get any girl he wants with no problem at all. I should know because we dated a couple years ago.  We dated for almost five months. Then we broke up because he was cheating on me. Hard to believe right? Then things began to get awkward between us like we couldn't even talk to each other like friends. Then a week of flirting and then after that more awkwardness.  It took six months for things to go back to normal between us.

"So do you plan on just standing there holding one box and letting me take on the rest?", he asked.

"Will you?", I asked.

"Your stuff is in here to. You help", he replied.

"Oh come on", I whined.

"Okay at least carry in three boxes", he said.

"Fine", I said.

I made three trips out to the truck and sat on the stairs watching Marco bring in the boxes. Once he finished I found the boxes marked "Rose" and took them down the hall. I really don't feel like going upstairs to see if there was anymore rooms but I doubt it. Maybe it's just a second bathroom.

"Rose come get your mattress", Marco said.

"I'm unpacking", I said.

"You're lazy", he said.

"I heard that".

"You were supposed to".

I laughed and continued unpacking. It took us until midnight because we had to set up the beds, bathrooms and put away all the other stuff we plan on putting in the house. I saw Marco sitting on the couch reading a book. I'm calling the cable people tomorrow.

"I'm gonna return the truck tomorrow but I need you to come with me to drive my car up there, go to the grocery store and then I need to go see about this job", I said.

"I've got things to do", he said.

"Like?", I asked.

"Go out and get a car", he replied.
"How good is your credit score?", I asked.

"786", he replied.

"Alright we'll drop off the truck, go see about my job, go to the store and get you a car", I said.

"Okay. I'm gonna go to bed. Night", he said.

"Night", I said.

I walked into the kitchen and ate my leftover sandwich from Subway. Then went up to my room and closed the door looking around the room. This is my room, my house, my city, my state, my home. And I'm gonna enjoy it...

Comment

Vote

Follow

Love you guys <3