Again & Again & Again

Start from the beginning

I recalled my first time meeting Gale, his temper nearly as bad as Andrew's while he argued with Andrew until they almost fought it out. "I still don't know the entire history between Blood Moon and your pack, but I can only imagine what kind of pain and hurt you went through to get where you are now."

He sighed and leaned his head against the wall, a small smile growing on his lips as his brown eyes slid to meet mine. "I'm not angry, I just wanted to inform you because you're my friend. I value our friendship."

"What made you change your mind about coming here?" I was suddenly interested to learn more about Gale if he was willing to share, hoping it would answer some of my questions about the werewolves.

Gale smiled, rubbing the frown from between my eyes with his finger so that I would relax beside him and not get a headache. His tension from earlier was gone, he looked happy to talk with me. "You had asked for a friend - at the time I was so desperate to either die or start living again and you looked kind." Gale looked away from me, knowing that what he said next could hurt me. "I can't say it was all because of you, my rage for Alpha Blood was stronger than my connection to you at the time so I wasn't willing to go yet. I needed to know if this was truly a chance for me."

I nodded my head, I had known this from before so it left little to no sting now. "I'm listening, you can tell me more."

"It was the first time I had seen Andrew display restraint, leaving me alone without any sign or smell of blood." Gale stared at the wolves fighting in front of us. "It was the first time for anyone to see and witness it, and I was astonished that I was a part of it."

I agreed with him, "You sure did bug the hell out of him."

Gale laughed, turning to look at me brightly. "Part of me wanted to see how far I could push him, I still craved death after carrying all that guilt and as soon as I got here they locked me away in a separate house."

I grabbed his hand, reminded of the time I first held his hand to get his attention and it worked. "I think you look a lot happier, Gale."

Gale nodded with a small smile, giving me his attention like I had planned. "We became friends and I got to know the Luna I serve. Turned out that the Alpha wasn't as bad after all and I ended up liking it here." He helped me stand from the ground, brushing the dirt from my pants. "Let's go stop this abomination of a training session."

Dameon and Cantu were thankful for us interrupting, calling for a short break while everyone regrouped. "They're too intimidated to practice like this, they're expecting a brawl to break out at any moment."

"Maybe what they should be doing isn't fighting but instead getting to know each other." They would need to trust one another in order for me to count on them in the future, and I couldn't have anyone worried that their packmates would kill each other. "Can't they play tug of war or something?"

Dameon's eyes widened, Cantu looking at me in shock too.

Gale smirked from beside me. "I had pulled ropes out this morning for a work out. We could get several games going at a time."

That's what we did, with the help of Gale and Cantu Dameon was able to set up three different games at a time, grouping all the wolves together and mixing them into different teams. Gale would be in charge of one game, man against man. One opponent from each time will use only their brute strength and try to pull the over over the line while Gale keeps score.

Cantu's game involved tying the rope around you and two wolves would sprint off in opposite directions to try and out pull the other. He would keep score, his size enough to keep them from cheating.