Again & Again & Again

Start from the beginning

I was caught up in my world again, watching Andrew and I run as I recalled the memory, running until we could only collapse on the ground afterward because of exhaustion. I remembered how Andrew worried for me, not letting me hear the end of it until I proved that I was alright.

"I fucking care! I told you not to overdo it!"

"I love you, Andrew."

The feeling the memories left behind didn't feel pleasant, my insides cringing away from the pain it delivered.

"Luna - "

I had to pry my eyes away from the spot to catch a decent breath again, eyes searching for the one who called for me. Gale neared me after noticing the look on my face, my breathing already feeling labored as I flinched away from his touch.

"Emily, are you alright?"

I nodded my head quickly, taking in a reassuring breath and holding it in my lungs until they no longer burned. I refused to cry now, forcing myself to imagine holding everything that hurt me in one breath. I would hold it in from now on, only letting it out when I was alone and had no one to please.

"Tears aren't a weakness."

God, did they feel like it -

"I'm fine." My voice was shaky, my legs weak as I stood from my seat.

Show him Emily. Show Gale that you can be strong too.

I caught up with Gale, passing him once I felt I had persuaded them. "Come with me."

Gale and I took our time walking across the clearing, the group in the arena were stretching and preparing for whatever Gale and Dameon had readied for them this morning. When we had finally made it, everyone looked around nervously. The Blood Moon pack had something to prove today as they trained beside the former rogues, they had to keep their pride today. The new pack mates had all to gain really, although it wouldn't be a simple feat.

The ground underneath my soles was solid, packed down after centuries of fighting was held here. Beta Dameon lowered his head to be, making the others follow suit in respect. "Everyone here has a lot to prove today. I expect to see your best efforts and behavior while we are here, do you understand?"

"Yes, Luna."

Dameon and I looked at each other, I nodded my head and understood that I would not be watching this close today. I distanced myself with Gale, taking a seat near the wall to watch.

Dameon continued after feeling satisfied with the distance. "Split up."

.

.

.

Gale and I groaned as another body was thrown down into the earth with harsh force, the thud ringing along the concrete walls.

"That was a rough one." Gale snickered from beside me, nudging me with his elbow as I rolled my eyes.

"We aren't getting anywhere like this." I rubbed my face to rid my frown, knowing that if I let it continue for much longer I'll get another headache. "We haven't even begun to cover anything in their wolf forms."

Gale's human sobered drastically for a moment as his eyes glared ahead. "We don't know anything about the rogues, not really. We don't know how long they've lived like this, where they've come from, and what kind of training they did before." Gale offered to look at me, his stubborn eyes were drained of any emotion and I couldn't pick up what he was feeling. "It's hard to judge what they can and can't do without taking it slow and teaching them."