Space oddity

— Wow...
— Yeah, actually, I think I'll call Brian right now!
John got up and determinedly headed for the phone. Veronica stopped him.
— Honey, don't jump to conclusions now, you need to think this through.
She said softly, dragging John back to the sofa again.
— I guess your right, but seriously, I miss it so damn much! Name one con.
— Umm, the fact that it's 3 weeks until it starts and it's 18 years since you played last time? John I don't think you understand the consequences of touring.
John raised an eyebrow.
— A quick reminder that touring used to be my everyday life for literally years.
John muttered, but Veronica's words had made an impact. it was ages ago now, would he manage?
They sat in silence for a while, but their thoughts followed the same path. However, they both had different solutions. Veronica knew her husband well, and his sudden change worried her. Not because she didn't think he should go back to queen, but because if this had been, let's say 5 years ago, he would never have just made a decision like that. That John would have thought it through and amazed her on how easy yet convenient he made everything. Maybe tomorrow he'd come with a more relevant plan, but who knew these days? He had promised himself to never touch his bass again and look how that went.
John was frustrated. He had spent the past 18 years doing nothing at all, fucking hell he had to do something immediately! He had to do it quick. But it was in the middle of the night so he figured the smartest thing he could do was going to sleep, however hard that was.

Well there in his bed, his mind didn't seem to want to let him rest. It was like when you have a perfectly set table, and then someone drags off the tablecloth and everything fucks up. Like ants in an anthill. Everything was going round like feedback in the studio when all you want to do is record that one last thing. There we were again. Music. Oh god he couldn't do this anymore. He looked at Ver, sleeping peacefully beside him, then at the alarm clock. 3:07 am. He got out of bed, creeped down to the living room and over to the phone. He still knew Brian's number and without hesitation, he called him.

Fortunately, Brian was still awake. Quite ironically he was outside his house watching the stars, could it be more stereotypically Brian?
— John, what on earth is going on? Is Ver dead or why the hell are you calling me this late?
Hearing the familiar voice after so long time made John smile.
— Oh no no no, don't worry nothing's happened
He replied, realising how silly this actually was.
— So, are you gonna give me an explanation Deaky?
— Yeah, well I've thought about this Adam guy, he's pretty cool right?
— Right..?
— And the tour starts in 3 weeks right?
— Right..
— So I thought I'd join you
Silence.
"So you're saying, that Queen is complete again.....?"
Brian gasped. He was astonished, it wasn't exactly every day stuff like this happens, what a legend that Deaky!
"Not exactly, as far as I remember Freddie remains gone, but that Lambert bloke will do for now, I'll come over tomorrow, how about 1am? Make sure Rog's there too, see ya!"
He hung up.
Wow. This was happening. This is FUCKING HAPPENING!

Brian's p.o.v

It was 1:am and Anita had fallen asleep. He watched her, laying there in the grass, so peaceful. It made him smile. Not the fact that his wife had fallen asleep because of his space ranting, but because this was what they used to do back in the days. They'd go out in an especially clear night and watch the stars as they talked about anything and everything. It had been quite a while ago now, they were both ageing and the ground was cold at night. Brian missed it, but figured those days were gone. Tonight though, Anita had suggested it herself. He agreed of course, and now they were here. He felt like 35 again. First he considered the "radical" decision of embracing her and falling asleep too, there and now. That had been just like when they were young. But he knew that it wasn't going to happen. They weren't 35, and he didn't want a cold, sick and angry wife in the morning. He picked up Anita and carried her to their bed, but returned outside himself. The stars looked very different today, strange.

Brian fell into a light slumber, but woke up again by the sound of his phone. Who on earth would call at this time? John?
The conversation was blurry. It all happened so fast. John was joining queen again. He was gonna tour. It was happening. IT IS FUCKING HAPPENING!