Chapter 1

I sat on my bed twiddling with the wire of my pink earphones, Camisado by Panic! At The Disco ran through my eardrums,  I looked at my face through the stained mirror attached to the corner of my room.  I plopped on a black hoodie over my plain blue tee and some leggings before flopping back onto my bed, the music changed to Heathens by Twenty One Pilots and I began to sing in tune to Tyler's voice.

'All my friends are Heathens take it slow, wait for them to ask you who you know, please don't make any sudden moves. You don't know the half of the abuse.'

My mom interrupted by opening the door slowly,

"I hear that you're up then." She sighed pulling in a little smile.

"Yeah." I sighed fixing my hoodie. "Let's hope today gets a little better.

"I hope so too darling." She said smiling at that boost of confidence.

"I mean, I am trying Mom, but I'm just very timid and awkward around people and it's hard making new friends in a whole new area." I moaned weakly looking at the celing and then thumping my carcass on the bed. I ran my fingers through my dark brown hair and looked back up to my mum who just stood there with a reassuring smile.

"You'll be fine. It's easy for some people but you are different, and that will make you stand out above all the rest, that's why you're awkward around people-"

"You even admitted to me being awkward around people." I interrupted shrugging my shoulders.

 "You think about negative things they might think about you and you just blow up with awkwardness.  You're not just awkward you just panic and think the worst.." She carried on.

I loved my mum, she is very reassuring and warm with comfort, I don't know what I would do without her.

"Okay." I said taking a nice deep breath. "School I go.."

I smiled to my mum and walked down the stairs and the landing picking up my keys on the way. I opened the door and then closed it as I stepped outside. It was chilly as it's autumn season but the air felt good in my face.

I walked to the shabby bus stop and waited lonely for my bus to arrive.

I popped back on my earphones and the last half of King For A Day buzzed loudly through my ears.

A/N: I'm sorry, this is like a prologue to my story, I promise you I'm gonna get there.