Prologue II: Annihilate It All

"Why?" In one word, it contained many questions. Why did you choose her, why did you want to abandon me, why did you want to kill me, why did you use me then discard me, and why couldn't you love me? The turbulence in Zhang Xin Yu's heart caused her voice to tremble, but the disdain in Li Yun's eyes didn't recede one bit.

          Instead, he let out a cold laugh. When he answered, his voice was harsh and unmerciful. "You were merely a tool for me. A means to an end. A sword when I needed to eliminate my enemies, a shield when people targeted me, a follower when I wanted to be worshipped, and a bed warmer when I felt lustful. You were useful before so I kept you for so long despite being disgusted by your shining look of love and admiration. You knew I was no hero, yet you still followed me everywhere like a lovesick puppy! How... unsightly. Now I have this precious woman in my arms, you think I will still let you be beside me?"

          The tears she held back finally dropped. It streamed down her rosy cheeks. With every word Li Yun said, her heart tore a little. Piece by piece, it was shredded away and it wasn't long before she was left with nothing. She berated herself over and over again. Blinded by love, she couldn't believe how deluded she was. Li Yun was probably laughing at her naivety all this time and she didn't even have a clue.

          Something snapped in her brain. She felt like her mind was crystal clear for the first time after a long time. So you used and discard me, then you wanted a happy life with her? The blackness inside her, the pride she suppressed when he was around, swirled and churned, asking to be let out. Dark thoughts started popping out in her mind. She pursed her lips.

          Amidst the flowing tears, Zhang Xin Yu's face grew more resolute. The corner of her lip lifted in a self deprecating smile. She wasted her entire lifetime to be with a man like this, she felt like the biggest joke. She dried her tears then looked straight ahead.

          The doubt and the hope in her heart were shredded to pieces. She didn't even question herself whether or not she could have done it, because she would. She felt numb outside but inside the undying love she felt for this man transformed to a raging hatred that blazed in full force. Love? What is it? It was all only on her mind. Illusion! No matter what, this treacherous man should go down with her. With her resolution steady, she was convinced to annihilate him.

          "Fine, Li Yun, you wanted my demise. That was fine. But you shouldn't have thought that it would end with my demise only, right? People have limit, you know, and you trespass mine." By the time Zhang Xin Yu finished her sentence, she was laughing loudly. The raucous laughter made her look like a lunatic. Bai Shan Shan who stayed silent throughout the ordeal retreated a bit.

          Li Yun was still looking at Zhang Xin Yu glaringly, but a mocking smile spread out his thin lips making his dimple pops out. It sent a shiver through Zhang Xin Yu's body. truly, this man lived up to his reputation as an embodiment of angelic smile in the body of the devil incarnate. "You want to kill me, eh? The question is whether you have the ability or not?"

          His arrogance was well deserved. If she was the best female warrior, then no doubt the title of the best male warrior was his. After all, the purpose of climbing up to grab the title was to have an equal standing with him. But he didn't know that a vengeful, scorned, and wretched woman was a really dangerous existence.

          Zhang Xin Yu looked at the face of the man she devoted her life to for the last time. Cold and disgusted eyes stared back at her. She then looked at Bai Shan Shan, the said person retreated even more when their gaze met. When Zhang Xin Yu smiled, the pale complexion of Bai Shan Shan became even paler. "We met for the first time today. I have no enmity towards you, but what should be done, should be done. The fault in our fate was loving the same man. I'm sorry for you, but I have to do this. Please understand."

          After saying this, she did a series of intricate hand seals. Knowing exactly what her hand seals intended, Li Yun's face flashed with alarm. "You b**ch!"

          In a split second he grabbed Zhang Xin Yu's hand to stop the seal, but it was too late. She smiled while looking at his aghast face. It gave her satisfaction to the brim, but at the same time it stabbed at her heart. Because all was said and done, we had many millennia of past memories together. As a lone tear fell, she looked into his eyes and said, "Farewell."

          She closed her eyes. On her mind, the only thing she thought was 'Let's not meet each other again. Be it in the afterlife or the next life.'

          After that, everything in the range of 200 li fromZhang Xin Yu's body was annihilated, leaving nothing but dusts.