Gale opened the doors for me and let Dameon and I enter first, our pack mates looking at us nervously as they only noted us three.

The smell of food made me want to vomit, but I knew the ways of the packs and how they were loyal to ranking. I sat obediently at the head of the table, Gale and Dameon on either side of me as a bowl of oatmeal was placed in front of me.

I raised the spoon to my lips, letting the warmth dap and my lip before I licked it away and put my spoon back down. The pack began to enjoy their breakfast.

I took a few more bites, forcing myself to hold the food in my mouth without vomiting before swallowing. Pushing the bowl away, I ignored Gale's urging as he pleaded with me to eat more.

Dameon and Gale ate their food quickly to not keep me waiting, though they knew I would not mind if they took their time. I stood, parting myself from them before heading towards the doors to leave. I could hear their footsteps trail behind me.

I waited for Dameon and Gale to finish before I stood and walked to the doors. Dameon and Gale followed behind me, watching over me carefully.

"Our guests would like to see you before they depart." Dameon's voice was low, maybe not to startle me because I looked so frail. He looked at me cautiously to see my reaction.

I hummed my response though I really didn't want to see them like this, mostly answering because Dameon and Gale always were stuck with my silence. "I thought there was still some time before they left."

"They want to see you." Dameon repeated with a different tone this time. "Cantu has stalled them with a tour, but their pheromones are too strong for him to shoulder for long periods of time."

I nodded my head, knowing I had relied on Cantu to distract them. It hadn't eased my worries for long, I also understood that Cantu had other things to be doing and he couldn't play host the entire time the Alphas and Lunas stayed with us. "Invite them to meet with me in the library at noon and discuss their departure. If it isn't a good time for them, we can reschedule." I hadn't spoken so much at once in a while, the looks on their faces making me suddenly retreat from the discussion. "No more pestering, please."

Dameon nodded his head with a small smile before departing from us. "Yes Luna."

Gale and I continued venturing down the empty halls, sitting occasionally to stare at the blank walls across from me. Though Gale had no one to talk to, he carried on with one sided conversation to fill the silence, his words reaching my deaf ears though he didn't seem to care. The relaxed look on his face was nice to see, it made having to listen to him a lot more bearable. He had become someone that I could trust and truly call a friend, and though I wouldn't admit it, I enjoyed his company. As we ended the small stroll, Gale was leading me back to the room with a nervous energy around him which usually indicated he needed me to respond to him next.

"What is it?" I didn't think he would have the courage to ask me, although he had a sharp tongue that would fire off a comeback quickly if needed. Gale ran his palm over his dark hair, smoothing his short ponytail that he wore often these days when it rained or became too hot for him.

Gale let out a strained sigh before his eyes slid over to mine with seriousness. His voice was gentle, not meant to rile me but as if we were good friends going through a tough situation. "I - I wanted to tell you that I miss the old Emily."

I tried not to be upset by his insensitivity, no wolf had ever gone through the death of a soulmate and survived - they couldn't possibly know this feeling. "As if she was any better."

"She was happier." Gale looked down at his feet as if remembering, but I wondered if it was because he couldn't look me in the eyes. "You used to smile at everything too."

"What is your point?" My tone was sharp after I no longer wanted his condolences, searching for what he was trying to gain by reminding me of who I was before Andrew's death.

"The pack needs you to step up as their Luna and lead them." Gale's tone grew grim, his eyebrows furrowing as he frowned down at me. "Things will only get more chaotic for us if something isn't done soon."

"The pack needs their Alpha."

"Then become our Alpha." Gale argued back with me as we were reaching my room door, the door to Andrew's room glaring at me from over Gale's shoulder.

I couldn't bring myself to open the door and invite the conversation to be finished in my room, the sudden urge to distance myself from everyone began to seep in me like panic. "Who am I to lead them? Also, this responsibility is mine alone? Have you lost your mind?" I took a threatening step towards Gale, shaking my head as the anger only burned in the pit of my stomach. "We let the joke get so out of hand that we had everyone convinced that I could become something I wasn't - and will never be. All of this weight, pressure, loss - I am doing what I can for now and that is grieve. I'll smile for you and prance around happily when I'm ready for it."

Gale could only look at me blankly, his eyes losing their stubbornness almost completely after I silenced him.

"I need some time alone, to get ready for the meeting with the Alphas and Lunas. Please go have the kitchen start preparing for a feast in their honor."

"Will you be eating at this feast?" The sarcasm in his tone was not appreciated, I tried to think of it as Gale fighting for my recovery. Thinking that didn't make me feel better.

"Please, go do what I have asked."

Gale wasn't finished yet as his eyes remained locked in my gaze. "Is that an order?"

I could feel the glare melt into my eyes as I accepted the challenge, the feeling leaving a small burst of excitement in my chest as the thought of releasing this anger. "Does it need to be?"

Gale nodded his head, his body tensing in front of me while he continued to deny me. "Yes, it does."

"Leave, Gale." I had never wanted to become one that ordered others around, especially if I considered them my friend. I didn't miss the hurt on his face as I was compelled to his wishes to see me like this. "Now."

Gale sighed, turning away without a moment of hesitation.

"Yes Luna."