Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

"New Zealand?" Drew repeats, staring down at me with raised eyebrows. A large smile is plastered on my face as I nod.

"Yes. It as always been a dream of mine to visit Hobbiton." I say, rolling my eyes to add extra emphasis. Drew smiles softly as he leans down to place a kiss on my lips. I hum at the feel of perfection. There is no other word to sum up the way his lips feel against mine. Perfect.

"Then we shall go. We will visit Hobbiton and see the rest of the Lord of the Rings sets... but not now." I frown like a child, disappointed that I didn't get what I want. Drew pushes hair behind my ear and bites his bottom lip softly. "We can't leave our family and friends with all of this chaos, Catherine. We need to settle this. We need to confront Alex about this immediately and then, after everything is sorted, I will take you to New Zealand." Drew places a firm kiss on my lips, also telling me that this discussion is now closed.

But I am perfectly content with what he has decided. Does it really matter that I'm not leaving this instant? I mean, I am actually going to New Zealand...with my boyfriend! I really doesn't get any better than that.

He lays next to me and I stare up at the ceiling, a smile plastered on my face. I can feel his eyes burning a hole in the side of my head but I don't move. I imagine what it will be like, travel across the world with Drew by my side. Visiting landmarks and ruins and sharing a hotel room.

It'll be perfect. That's what it will be like.

"I love you." I tell him. He rolls and drapes an arm over my stomach, kissing my ear.

"I love you." He replies, pulling me impossible close. I turn so my back is to his chest and his face is buried into my neck. He draws circles on my stomach, luring me into sleep.

I am woken up in the middle of the night to Drew sliding out of bed. When I glance at the clock, I realize it is two in the morning. What is he doing? I make a move to confront him but he places a soft kiss on my forehead and says, "I'll be right back".

Drew's POV

I shut the door to our bedroom, casting one last look at my mate as I do. I know I promised her I will be right back, and I will, but I can't help but take advantage of her beauty.

I walk down the stairs towards my fathers office. I know his asleep and await for Liam to join me. While I do so, I go the back of father's desk and pull open his huge file cabinet. I go through all of the files, looking for the Remington Pack. When I find it, I pull it out and set it on the desk.

Just as I open the file, the door opens and Liam sneaks in. "What is so important that I had to meet you at two in the morning?" He hisses. I roll my eyes and continue to search through the file without answering my best friend. He grumbles incoherently and comes to read over my shoulder.

The file contains information since the pack was created, in 1920. Its talks about the first Alpha, about how the pack spent their whole lives as wolves during the Great Depression. Deciding it is unimportant, I go to the near present and try to find anything on Mark Bennett. The year he dies, it talks about how Alex had just taken the Alpha position. Interesting.

I read on, not finding anything about rogues. Nothing about Mark. I go all the way to the end of the file and grit my teeth. Nothing.

When I shut the file, I freeze when I see hand written inscriptions. Casualties:

I squint, trying to read all the names. It seems to go back to 1920. How does he have the records of everyone the Remington pack as killed? I skim through them but jump when I hear Liam gasp.