4~I'll Take My Coffee Black-Bucky/OC

Aesthetic Created By Me

Location: "Elden's Coffee Shop" takes place in the Marvel Universe (comics or MCU take your pick)
Characters: James Barnes and Madelyn Kayne (OC~Faceclaim: Felicity Jones)
POV: OC-Madelyn Cayne
Requested by:
thedaisyqueenn

This is it! Elden's Coffee Shop... I tentatively push the door open and smile in delight as I hear the gentle tinkling of the bell that signifies my entrance. Immediatly my senses are filled with the sight, smells, and sounds of a cafe. The delectable smell of coffee....quiet chit-chat...the whir of a blender...the clusters of people scattered at tables.... I love it. It is just how I imagined it would be. Ever since I had moved to New York I had been waiting for this moment. A dainty little place...rustic and homey... On my taxi ride to Eloise's apartment I had caught a quick glance of this little coffee house simply tucked away between two other stores. I was filled with an unquenchable desire to visit, but my longing had to be put a side for two weeks as I moved in with my best friend and got adjusted.

Last night I gained ten followers on Wattpad so I resolved, that in celebration, I would treat myself to a beverage from "Elden's." I rest one hand on my messenger bag and rub my fingers over the worn leather that covers the satchel. Inside are my most precious belongings; my phone, some lipstick and other cosmetics, and most important of all, my journal. I am just itching to sit down with a latte and write so I quickly walk to the end of the line and look for a table that fits my fancy.

The interior decor of the cafe is rustic and antique. I simply adore that the left the brick walls in place in their original color. Wooden tables are scattered irregularly around the room. There...I want to sit there... In a back corner is a small square table with two seats. It is flushed against the wall and might seem kind of cramped to some people, but to me it looks cozy and inviting. Perfect... My attention is drawn from my surroundings to the door by the gentle sound of the bell ringing.

A man enters and I study him as he walks towards me to join the line. Naturally, my analytical instincts that I gained by watching to much "Sherlock" take over and I try to deduct as much from him as I can without staring at him creepily. His stance is firm and straight....military? Gloves? That is odd.... Suddenly he crosses his arms and the sleeve of his grey hoodie slides up and I could swear that I see a bit of silver glistening between the fabric. It isn't until I look up into his bright blue eyes that recognition flashes across my mind. I know him from somewhere.... He gives me and odd look because he notices me looking up at him. I awkwardly stare at the ground and struggle to remember just exactly where I know him from.

School?....No....Work?.....DOUBLE NOPE....maybe....OH MY WORD...IS HE A CELEBRITY? I risk another glance because if he is a celebrity I am definitely going to take a selfie with him...and get an autograph...and maybe ask for and interview...and- It finally dons on me just who is standing behind me. James Barnes...The Winter Soldier....I saw him in a newspaper

I should be scared for my life. I should probably run out that door screaming and crying for the police, but I won't...I can't... He seems so....human. In this moment, I am overwhelmed with pity for him...He's been through so much these past few years. Granted, we were told that he is "an extremely dangerous assassin." I want to help him... Not that he needs my help... I have an idea explode in the back of my mind and the reasonable side of me tries to keep it in, but I go ahead and give it a go. I look straight up at James Buchanan Barnes and address him.