Chapter 2

Farkle's PoV;

I woke up the next morning and stared down at my arm. It looked pretty bad. I groaned and got up to look for something with long sleeves. Finally, I'd found a hoodie. It may be 80 degrees outside, but I guess I have to do what I have to do.. I sighed and put it on. When I got outside, I saw Lucas Friar standing there. I quickly turned away from him. "Wait! Farkle!" He walked closer. "A-are you ok?" I turned to face him, confused. "O-ok? W-what do you m-mean?" Shit I'm stuttering again. "You just look tired, I'm not usually the type to worry but you're not looking so good." He murmured as he looked all around my face and down at my hoodie.

"Thanks, Friar. That's exactly what I wanted to hear, that is IF something was wrong." I said gritting my teeth. A new bound confidence was growing with every word I spoke to the older boy who stood in front of me. "I think I can handle myself perfectly fine." I said as I tried to walk away. The wrong footing and the crack in the sidewalk caused my shoe to turn, leading to a slight downfall.

Lucas wrapped his hand around my arm and grabbed on tight to pull me back up mid-fall. I let out an exasperated yell as his finger wrapped around the damage I had done last night. "Friar, let go!" I yelled snatching my arm away, as painful tears welled up in my eyes. "Farkle? What? What's wrong?" He said surprised as my reaction to his 'act of heroism' trying to help the 'damsel in distress'

I was already far ahead of him, rushing through the morning crowds of people blocking up the halls. There was no doubt in my mind that Maya and Riley had stopped their conversation and saw me rushing past. I had caught Riley's eyes as I passed her, giving her a look that she shouldn't dare to follow.

Lucas' PoV;

What the hell? Why did he run off like that? Oh god he probably hates me..

I ran after Farkle. As I was running, I was stopped by one of the girls he's always with. "Did you do this to him?!" I nearly tripped. "What?! Do what?!" The brunette pointed in the direction of Farkle. "Why did he run off like that? Were you being rude to him?" I shook my head. "No! Of course not! He fell into my arms and when I grabbed him, he told me to let go then he ran. I was trying to see what's wrong." Billy came up behind me. "You caught him as he fell into your arms? Sounds like a real faggot romance to me!" He sneered. I turned around quick. "I don't have time for your shit, Billy! I punched you once, I'll beat you next time!" I looked back over at the brunette. "I'm going after him!" Then I ran off into Farkle's direction.

I stopped at a corner to see Farkle sitting on the ground, crying staring at his arms with his sleeves rolled down. "Farkle are you-" he gasped as he looked up at me and quickly pulled his sleeves up. "What are you doing here, Friar?" I walked closer and sat down next to him. "What's wrong, dude?" He scooted away from me and looked away. "Why do you care? You're Mr. Perfect and I'm....a nothing.." I saw a tear drop down to the floor.

"Farkle, you aren't a nothing. No matter what Billy says." He turned to face me. "If you care so much, why do you hang out with Billy? And why have you never talked to me until now?" I looked down and fumbled with my hands a bit. "I didn't know Billy was being a dick to you until yesterday. He showed me all of the terrible things he said to you. I came to your house because I wanted to comfort you."

I looked back up and noticed he had scooted closer. "Why have you never talked to me before now?" I stared at him, unsure of how to respond. "I-I don't know. I didn't think you'd want to talk to a guy like me." He smiled a bit. "I've always thought it'd be cool to know you, actually. I guess I just thought you'd never want to talk to a guy like me." I started to stand up and let out my hand for him to grab. "Then..what do you say? Friends?" He kept smiling and took my hand. "Friends."