Carter

The shower felt so nice I smelt really good after using my new body wash. I look in my closet trying to find something to wear. I pick out American Eagle pants that have rips on the thighs then a maroon shirt that says " I need more sleep" with my maroon converse. I grab my phone and head to the bathroom I turn on my flat iron and start blow drying my hair. I realize I'm super lazy today so I just leave my hair beached waved. I go downstairs wanting waffles but Melinda has already made pancakes, I roll my eyes in disgust.

" Why are you dressed this early?"

" Its 9 and plus Josh is taking me to a cabin to go boating."

I just thought about that. I run up stairs and grab my victorious secret back pack stuff my bikini in it with some shorts and grab my sunglasses. I text Josh telling him I'm ready. I head back downstairs with my bag in one hand and my phone in the other. I forgot about Claire so I set those things down and head to her room I open the door and don't see her in her bed. I hear gagging in the bathroom, she's throwing up, I gag then leave. Josh comes in the house giving me a kiss on his way to say hi to Melinda. I grab my bag and phone and start heading out the door when Melinda grabs me and gives me a hug.

" Have fun sweetie and be safe!"

I hurry and shut the door so I don't have to listen to her anymore. I sit in the car looking at all the text Preston has sent me.

" Can you hang today?"
" What time?"
" Can you call me?"
" Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!"

I laugh, Josh looks at me with a confused face.

" Preston"

He laughs then turns on the radio. It takes about 2 hours to get there so we stop and get something to eat. I ordered a salad while Josh order a hamburger, I ask if I can get a refill on my drink when a bunch of guys come running in. I'm pushed down I fell on my back which didn't really hurt, Josh comes running over moving everyone out of his way but before he could get there some guy comes and helps me up. I laugh.

" Your laugh it's beautiful."

I smile but don't say anything.

" I'm Carter, and your?"

" Britt!"

He laughs then pushes the hair in my face behind my ears. Josh comes grabbing my waist and leading me to our table I look back and Carter is looking at me while smiling, I blush then sit down.
Carter sits at the table right behind us where Josh's back is facing him. I'm trying to eat my food and listen to Josh but Carter is just so distracting, he signs something in ASL and I can read it because I took it for 2 years. He ask for my number, I smile then sign back sure. He gets up going to the bathroom, I follow telling Josh I have to pee. He takes out his phone and I enter my number in his phone I put Britt but he put Beautiful. I go back to my table and Josh says we better get going. I head out giving Carter one last smile.