Chapter 17: Vanishing Point: Naraku Disappears!

Start from the beginning

Sesshomaru stares up at Naraku who seemed to be preoccupied with something else. Sesshomaru's eyes narrow as he was getting angry that he was being ignored since they had been fighting.

"Naraku, you seem preoccupied with what's outside these walls." Sesshomaru says.

"Lord Sesshomaru, I'm afraid that I'll have to cut our visit short. I will have your power, every last bit of your demonic power as well as the bond you have with your familiar. I shall have it for myself!" Naraku says as he begins attacking Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru's eyes widen suddenly when Yui's barrier appears over him just as Naraku begins attempting to absorb him. Sesshomaru gets engulfed from head to toe and Naraku begins trying to devour him.

Inuyasha arrives and he attacks Naraku. Naraku sets up his barrier and he laughs. Naraku's smile fades when Inuyasha breaks through the barrier and gets cut up. Naraku doesn't get killed so he begins attacking Inuyasha. Inuyasha begins hacking at Naraku's body and Naraku attempts to absorb Inuyasha. Inuyasha breaks free and hits Naraku with yet another wind scar attack. Jaken begins crying when he thinks that Sesshomaru is dead. Sesshomaru breaks free and his body resonates in a dim light from Yui's barrier. Naraku gasps when he sees that Sesshomaru is alive. Sesshomaru and Inuyasha begin attacking Naraku together. Naraku escapes while clinging to life. Sesshomaru growls as he was beginning to transform so he could go after Naraku.

"You fool! Don't think that you can ever escape my grasp!" Sesshomaru yells.

"Lord Sesshomaru, rather than transforming and hunting me down, shouldn't you be rushing to your familiar's side?" Naraku asks and Sesshomaru's eyes widen as he stops his transformation. Inuyasha looks at Sesshomaru confused.

"Your companions are with a boy named Kohaku. Even you should realize the implications." Naraku says before vanishing. Sesshomaru takes off while Inuyasha grabs Jaken and interrogates him.

[Meanwhile]

Yui growls at Kohaku to move as she planned to escape with Rin while she had the chance. Kohaku refuses to move and Yui roars angrily. Kohaku turns and holds his weapon up to Yui. Rin blinks confused at Kohaku.

"Kohaku are you alright?" Rin asks. Kohaku doesn't reply. Yui roars as she places her paw in front of Rin protectively. Kohaku attacks her paw and Yui whimpers in pain as she destroys the hut from falling against the wall.

[Outside]

The demons attack Inuyasha's group who fight them off. Kagome's eyes widen when she watches the building behind the demons break apart before Kohaku and Rin are shown heading away. Rin was yelling for Yui.

"It's Yui!" Miroku yells as the demons go to attack the dog demon. Sango attacks the demons while Yui roars loudly and gives chase to Kohaku and Rin. Yui rushes ahead and after a few moments, Inuyasha and Kagome catch up with her. Yui attacks demons that get in her way.

"Yui! You can't let Sesshomaru kill Kohaku! He's being controlled by Naraku!" Kagome yells. Yui's ear flicks as she sensed Sesshomaru nearby. She attacks another demon and Yui looks in the direction of Rin's scream. She roars as she runs towards a nearby clearing where Kohaku and Rin are. Kagome and Inuyasha were right behind her. She arrives and she stops when she spots Sesshomaru attacking Kohaku. Yui reverts to her usual form and she rushes towards Sesshomaru.

"Sesshomaru, don't! He's under Naraku's control! He's not in control of his actions!" Yui pleads. Kohaku turns and attacks Yui who jumps back to dodge with ease. Inuyasha punches Kohaku and knocks him to the ground.

"Yui!" Sesshomaru says.

"I'm fine, Rin's fine. Please, don't kill the boy." Yui says as she goes to Rin's side with Kagome.

"She's alright. She's just unconscious. That's all." Kagome says.

"Stay out of this." Sesshomaru says and he grabs Kohaku by the throat. Yui gasps in shock.

"No, Sesshomaru!" Yui yells as she jumps up and rushes over to Sesshomaru. She grabs onto his sleeve and the fur that Sesshomaru carries. Sesshomaru looks down at her with just his eyes.

"It wasn't him that kidnapped us! It was Kagura!" Yui says. Sesshomaru drops Kohaku before he reaches and pulls Yui to him by her hand that he grabs hold of. Inuyasha and Kagome gasp in shock as they watch what Sesshomaru does. At that very moment, as much as Sesshomaru hated it, he couldn't hold back from showing Yui that he cared for her. Rin wakes up with a whine as Sesshomaru and Yui kissed. Rin looks up at Yui and Sesshomaru to find that Sesshomaru's eyes were closed as he ran his fingers through Yui's hair.

"Lord Sesshomaru!" Rin says and she gasps when she sees Kohaku sitting at Yui and Sesshomaru's feet, "What happened, Kohaku?" Kohaku jumps up, grabs his weapon and runs away. Sesshomaru finally releases Yui who had a thick blush on her cheeks. Sesshomaru walks away and Yui and Rin follow after him. Inuyasha watches the three go as he just stares shocked.

"Sesshomaru! Thank you for letting the boy go." Kagome says. Sesshomaru stops in his tracks and Yui looks back at the two.

"The boy was trying to die at my hands. I only let him go because Yui asked." Sesshomaru says, "That was Naraku's doing and I refuse to play by Naraku's rules." Sesshomaru and the girls continue walking away. Rin giggles as she follows after the two.

"Goodbye!" Rin calls back.

"She's leaving with him." Kagome says.

"Yep." Inuyasha says.

"Wow, Sesshomaru really does care about Yui." Kagome says.

"Everything they've done so far, is because you care about each other. Yui was meant to come to this world, just so she could warm my brother's heart." Inuyasha says.

"Who was that little girl?" Kagome asks.

"Jaken called her Rin." Inuyasha says watching the three walk away, "You know... looking at those three. They almost look like a family."

"They kind of do. It's cute." Kagome says as she watches the three go with a smile on her face.

[Later]

"Sesshomaru... thank you." Yui says.

"Did you learn something?" Sesshomaru asks.

"Yeah, I shouldn't stray from yourside." Yui says, "I lose my powers. It must be because I choose to stand byyour side." Sesshomaru nods and Yui looks up at him. Her cheeks turn bright redas she thinks about how he kissed her. She looks away from him and smiles aboutit.