1

Beyoncé

"What is all that noise?" I ask, waking up, irritated. All I hear are trucks or some shit backing up.

"They can't turn the shit off and push it backwards? What fuckin time is it?" I ask, getting up, checking my alarm clock. It's 12:45.

"Fuck!" I yell, throwing it somewhere.

"It's too early for this shit man." I strip out of my clothes and take a shower. I get out and dry off, putting on a black jumper. As I'm brushing my teeth, my doorbell rings.

"Who is it?" I yell, after spitting out my toothpaste and washing my face.

"Your new neighbor." She says.

"So I'm finally about to meet the bitch that woke me up with trucks?" I ask, putting Vaseline on my lips. I put on my black and red Pumas and sigh.

"Coming." I say, walking down the stairs. I open the door and see a pretty young woman.

"Hi. My name is Kelendria." She offers her hand.

"Beyoncé." I say, shaking her hand.

"I know the trucks are pretty loud and I'm sorry if they woke you." Kelendria says.

"I would say it's fine but I was tired." I say, smiling a little.

"Can I come in?"

"Sure." I say, moving. She steps in and looks around.

"Your house is beautiful." She compliments.

"Thank you." I say.

"Who's this?" She asks, looking at a picture.

"It's my mom and I. We were at the water park." I say.

"That's cool. I might get to go someday."

"You haven't been there?" I ask, shocked.

"No, why?"

"It's so fun. I've always wanted to go back but I haven't had the time." I say.

"Oh." She says. I go to sit down and she follows.

"Are you single?" Nosey ass.

"Are you gay?" I fire back.

"Are you?"

"I asked first." I make a face.

"And I asked second." Kelendria says, smiling. I laugh and shake my head.

"Yes I am single and no I am not gay. I'm fully straight." I say, looking in her eyes.

"You know what else is straight?"

"What? Noodles until they're wet? Ha. Good luck."

"I have enough of that. I just met the most gorgeous woman on earth." She says.

"Thanks." I say, dryly.

"What's wrong?"

"Everybody only wants one thing from me and I'm sick of it." I say, scoffing.

"I just want friendship." She says, holding her hands up.

"Then why'd you ask those questions?"

"So I would know if I had a chance or not." Kelendria says.

"Look Kelendria-."

"Call me Kelly." She says.

"Okay Kelly. Look you're nice and all, but even if I weren't straight I still would've put you in the friend zone."

"I'm okay with that. I told you, I only want friendship." She says.

"Okay." I say.

"Do you trust me?" I nod.

"Good." Kelly says, smiling.

"Tell me about yourself." She says.

"You first. You're a stranger."

"So you let strangers into your house?"

"If they're not vampires."

"I'm not a vampire." She says, jokingly.

"Okay. I'll go first. I was born in Georgia. My whole name is Kelendria Trené Rowland. My favorite color is purple although I have a lot of black in my closet. My birthday is February 11th, 1981. Your turn."

"My birthday is September 4th, 1981, my favorite color is gold. I like Popeyes a lot. My full name is Beyoncé Giselle Knowles and I was born and raised in Houston."

"So I'm older than you by some months?" She asks, smirking.

"Shut up." I say, giggling.

"You've lived here your whole life?"

"Yes. Why? Something wrong with that?"

"No. No. I was just wondering why you didn't have at least a tan or something. It's really hot down here."

"Oh. I stay inside. I don't really like going out unless it's to the beach or the park." I say.

"Well then would you like to go to the beach tomorrow?" She asks, smiling a little.

"I'm sorry. I have to work tomorrow."

"We can go at night or just to see the sunset?" She asks.

"Kelly..." I trail off.

"I'm sorry. I just don't wanna go tomorrow."

"It's fine." Kelly says, looking down.

"You're gonna be seeing a lot more of me. I want us to become best friends maybe?" She asks, hopefully.

"Sure." I say, smiling.

"Have a great day." Kelly says, winking.

"Do you go for runs in the morning?" She asks, standing up.

"When I'm up for it." I say, shrugging.

"You wanna be my running partner?" Kelly asks.

"Not everyday." I say, shaking my head.

"It could become an everyday event." She smiles.

"Okay." I say, giggling. 

"So that's a yes?" Kelly asks, smiling.

"Yes."

"Thanks." She says, looking into my eyes.

"What?" I ask, becoming nervous.

"I'm sorry. Your eyes are just... beautiful." She says, looking away.

"Thanks." I say, blushing and looking down. I walk to the door and she follows.

"See you later." I say, turning around. Her head shoots up and she clears her throat.

"My bad. I'm sorry. See you." Kelly says, clearly nervous.

"It's okay." I say, closing the door. A few seconds later I hear a knock. My hand didn't even get to leave the knob. I open the door and see Kelly.

"Yes."

"I..." She leans in and kisses my cheek.

"Okay." She says, waving. I stand in shock at what just happened. I don't even know what happened. I go back upstairs, change, and go back to sleep.

Comments.

Vote.

Thanks.