Chapter 10: Sesshomaru Wields Tokijin!

Start from the beginning

"I know that scent. She smells much like the strange beast that offered to lend you the severed human arm. The demon that disguised himself with a baboon palate." Jaken says and Yui gasps, "His wretched plan took us to hell and back. Curse him! Your arm was almost burned off, Lord Sesshomaru. And I was beaten to a pulp by that monk. Oh, simply recalling that incident makes me ill."

"Then spare us the vivid details, Jaken." Yui says.

"I recall the scent. It is the same as the beast that attempted to trap me, the one who is known as Naraku." Sesshomaru says.

"So, you must be Inuyasha's brother Sesshomaru." The woman says.

'You know, for being evil and all, she's very pretty. Why are the pretty ones evil?' Yui's thoughts ask.

"You're very cleaver." The woman says.

'Is she... IS SHE FLIRTING WITH SESSHOMARU?!' Yui's thoughts say as her face turns bright red. She makes an angry pouting look as she puffs up her cheeks.

"I am Kagura, the wind sorceress, an incarnation of Naraku." The woman introduces herself.

"Incarnation?" Sesshomaru asks.

"Correct." Kagura says, "Sesshomaru, the fangs you delivered to Kaijinbo to make your sword were those of a demon called Goshinki. Like me, he was also created from Naraku."

"All very interesting, but did you search me out to simply tell me this?" Sesshomaru asks.

"Hmm... Can you not detect its scent? Surely your familiar has seeing as she's pure good and it is pure evil." Kagura says as she looks towards Yui. Sesshomaru's eyes narrow and he steps into Kagura's line of sight once more.

"Tokijin reeks of Goshinki's evil aura. It is closer than you think." Kagura says and wind picks up around her before she takes off into the sky on a giant feather, "You are the sword's rightful owner!" Kagura disappears from sight.

'So, the strange feeling I've felt since we left Kaijinbo's hut where it was made... that was Tokijin's evil aura?' Yui's thoughts say.

"I am not sorry to see her leave so soon." Jaken says, "I don't believe I've seen such an arrogant woman."

"Yui." Sesshomaru says, "Is what she says true?"

"I didn't realize what the aura was... I mean, I remember that I was able to sense your power when we first met, but I thought it was because I was destined to be your familiar. I didn't know I had the ability to sense evil auras." Yui says.

"Rin, you're free to move now." Sesshomaru says.

"Yes, my lord!" Rin says and then giggles.

"Yeah, I moved long before you told Rin she could." Yui whispers. Rin stretches and falls down at Yui's feet. Rin begins giggling and Sesshomaru looks up into the sky as he was still on edge in case Kagura returned to pick a fight.

"The Tokijin..." Sesshomaru says.

"Speaking of strange women." Jaken says.

"I can hear you." Yui says with an angry look on her face. Rin sits up in confusion.

"Yui, where is the sword?" Sesshomaru asks.

"Hmm? Oh, it's um... that way." Yui says and points towards the direction that Tokijin is. Sesshomaru nods and he begins walking away.