Pilot

Leah

Life has a funny way of mutating: one minute you're somewhere you don't want to be wearing a mask without a shield and the other you're home in your room where you could be whoever you want to be. I was always the silent kid, actually i'm the only kid in the house. It's like i have a whole world built just for me, and wherever I go i decide the path, the way I want the flowers to grow and how the route will be. And like I said, life is funny like that sometimes; she has the audacity to snap me out of my imagination, my own safe world to drag me into this cruel sad place where I can only see in black& white. Did I mention I was color blind?

You see, if things went the way I wanted them to be; I would've painted the world, I would've created it the way I always thought would be. Who says trees can't be pink, and that yellow tulips couldn't have a red bleach in it? Who made the rules of what can and what couldn't be? I failed my art classes as a kid because I never painted my trees green, my house roof was never brick red and the path towards the house i drew was never made of crossroads. I always thought of the world as more than we make it seem, I saw the world in my own eyes because basic is boring, and I never intended to be a boring person. Well atleast i didn't wanna be, but if you ask my classmates I am. So in case you ever meet one of those bastards, don't ask them about me.

"You dozed off again" my bestfriend, Lily, pinched me while waving her hand in front of my face. I shook my thoughts off and turned towards her, "you're annoying, I was trying to write my own biography" she shrugged her shoulders and wiggled her eyebrows at me. "yeah? And how does the epic tale of how the great great Leah lived starts?" i wasn't gonna tell her of course, just reserving my copy rights as you can tell, i mean what if one day I do actually get to doing that? telling my story? "Maybe one day i'll offer you a copy of it if you were nice till then" I playfully said to her, then got up and walked towards class. I may be a deep person, am i? But anyways, i wasn't an A student, as a matter of fact I was barely a student. My grades were just fine, but atleast my english teacher thinks i have potential. We all have that teacher don't we? But that's alright just let me have my moment of fame for the day.

I sat in class, put my earphones on and shut the world out. I had French, which I was pretty fluent in considering that my mom is french. Actually it was my almost native language but my dad decided on not staying in France because of course New York was a better place to raise a kid than the great Paris, I really hope you noted the sarcasm in that. We do visit Paris but we stopped because my dad was in debt for some frenchies and it was just safer not to go. By now you probably think I have an interesting life, that i lead an interesting role but I don't. By all means, the one exciting thing that I lived throughout my high school experience was when Dan promposed to me in the most basic way: now I'm not trying to seem ungrateful because I know its more than what most get, but I always thought of it more. Dan is my boyfriend by the way, and he has been for the past year. You may think this adds up to my interesting life but nope, still dull.

Dan and I dated by the end of my junior year when Lily dragged me to watch the football game and to my luck, Dan's a football player. Dan's great don't get me wrong, he's 6ft with an amazing body and a gorgeous face: he was a dirty blonde with blue eyes and a sharp jawline that could kill. But that was all to him, I wish I can tell you my favourite traits of his personality but we don't click; he does try though to understand me and I think that's why I stayed with him because it was the effort that mattered. But we never met on a spiritual level, I had to be the high school girl with him, remember the mask with no shield that I told you earlier about? That's my mask with him. I could never be Leah, I could never talk to him about my world or why I think trees should be pink.

"That's a wonderful song Leah, but maybe next time don't share it with us" I heard the teacher say and I contemplated wether I want to lift my head and answer her or not but then soon realisation hit, i never plugged my earphones in my phone. I quickly turned the song off and appologized to her. I felt my cheeks go red so I hid my face with my hands and played it cool. "Don't hide them, I love them on you" Dan showed up, as if on queue to pull me out of my embarassment, he sat next to me and winked at me. "How are you today love?" He whispered and I smiled at him, I loved dan but I wasn't IN love with Dan you know? I wasn't passionate about him, my heart didn't skip a beat when he says name and I would definetly paint his trees a green. But when I talked to Lily about it, she told me that relationships often lose their sparkle after a while, but I never had that "sparkle" with Dan in the first place. "Are we still on for later tonight?" I asked, tonight was our one year anniversary and we decided to spoil eachother by going to a fancy restaurant because we almost never do. "Pick you up at 8.00"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time I was home, I had already ordered some food because it's Tuesday which makes it Pasta day and me and that don't get along very well. Feels like worm inside my mouth and I appologize pre hand to all those who love pasta, i just can't deal with y'all. I parked my car outside, she's a mini cooper that I got as a gift from my rich Uncle whom i don't know the name because he never visits, he just sends gifts. He's my dad's older brother but he's always been a mystery, my dad said he's never been in any family photograph and he hates family reunions but still appreciate family but you know... from far.

I walked inside the house waiting to find my parents in the kitchen as always preparing the food together but they actually weren't. You see, my parents are somehow very organized even with time they're very specific about it. Growing up, I always thought I would be like that, as if their genes would automatically be transferred into my mindset by magic. But I was always quite the opposite of them, I wasn't punctual with time. I owned my time, i never lived by it. I always believed that Time was an illusion people live by so they can organize their days. Who said mornings are for work and night time is for bed? Why does light has anything to do with it?

I made my way to the couch and threw myself on it, making all my bags fall lazily to the ground. The house was quiet what made the fall blow echos in the living room, it rang in my ear as a horrible melody. I groaned and picked them up and that's when realization hit me: the house is quiet. The house's never quiet.

SOO this was a small intro to the book, if you've already read it then hii i'm re-editing and if not welcome aboard. This was my first work on wattpad published maybe in 2016 but due to the fact that it reached a cool audience i decided to work again on it. Feel free to drop your comments below. All the love, ayah.