Chapter Twelve

Today was the day.

Today was Elena Gilbert's first day of high school.

She was excited yes, but she was also super duper nervous. Due to the fact that she is a newly turned vampire, she has had little control but a lot of time to fix that. But since she hasn't had confrontation with people she hasn't met any new people since she's woken up besides, Melissa, Scott, Deaton, and Stiles.

After Elena had taken a shower and blow dried her pin straight dark brown hair, she applied concealer, blush, mascara, and light brown eye shadow.

She dressed in dark skinny jeans, dark grey shirt with a skirted bottom, a maroon scarf, a black coat, and dark brown boots

She looked at her reflection and sighed. Then she looked to the corner of her mirror to see the picture that was recovered from her old house by Melissa as a 'welcome to your new home' present.

She felt tears well up but blinked them away quickly. This is a new start. A fresh start. One where she is bound to a restriction such as drinking blood and being 17 for the rest of her life. But none of the less she was stronger then she thought she'd ever be...stronger then she'd ever think she had to be.

She gave a slight sniffle and smiled at her reflection. "Today will be different. It has to be. I will smile and it will be believable. My smile will say, "I'm fine, thank you. Yes, I feel much better." I will no longer be the sad little girl who woke up from her four year coma an orphan. I will start fresh. Be someone new. It's the only way I'll make it through."

Now why did that little self speech sound familiar to Elena?

Elena was knocked out of thoughts by a knock and a voice at her now open door. She turned to see Scott dressed and ready and adjusting the straps of his backpack on his shoulders.

"Are you ready?" Scott asked with a sweet puppy smile. Elena gave him a closed mouth smile which was too fake so she sighed and gave him a more believable smile, like the one she mentioned from before, and nodded.
"Of course."
Elena moved to grab her backpack when Scott's voice stopped her.

"You know...you don't have to do this. No one is making you do something you don't want to or are not ready for."

"I know. But I think this will be good for me. I need to forget what's happened- I mean not forget, just push away- I mean, ugh!-" Elena was cut off by Scott's chuckle.

"I get it. You need something to relieve the pain. Something to help you remember the good times and release the bad."

Elena gave him an actual smile, and with that smile came hope. Hope for smiles such as this one. A genuine smile. A reflection of happiness. Contentment.

« • »

« • »

Scott turned off his bike as he pushed the kick stand down. Elena and Scott both took off their helmets and sat them on the bikes handle bars.

Elena sighed and examined the outside of the school and Scott gave her a helpful smile which she almost sarcastically returned. This caused Scott to chuckle.

"Cmon! We can get your stuff from the office and then later today I have some people I want you to meet." Elena nodded and followed behind Scott.

"Not without me!" They both turned around to see Stiles jogging to catch up to them. Elena couldn't help but to smile as she spastic teen attempted to catch his breathe next to her. "Morning guys." He smiled.

Then his eyes landed on Elena. "Elena, you um, y-you look beautiful today." He nervously stuttered out.

This causes Elena to chuckle and slightly nod. "Thank you Stiles, and good morning to you too."

"Yeah..." Stiles said as he dreamily followed Scott and Elena into the school.

Elena felt flustered seeing how large the school was and how many students there were. She began to breathe heavier as the locker doors slammed to her left then to her right causing her to blink.

Stiles gave Scott a nervous glance.

"You okay?" She faintly heard Scott ask from her right. She questioned wether he actually said it due to the low quality of his voice.

"Elena?"

Elena felt a comforting hand on her lower back and breathed in a scent she's come to admire. She looked in the direction of the voice and locked eyes with Stiles. He gave her a concerned look as if to ask, "can you do this? Do you want to?"

She simply breathed slower and noticed the students talking instead of shouting and lockers, instead of slamming in her head, closing barely.

She looked to Scott and then to Stiles before giving a nod and a smile that read, '
"I'm fine",
thank you. Yes, I feel much better.'

First day of school comes with anxiety, especially for a new vamp! Thankfully Stiles was there *wink wink*

Till the next chap 🍸💎❤️