"Is it a boy or a girl?" Azha asked, clearly excited already to have something similar to a sibling.

"I don't know yet. What do you want?"

She thought for a moment stroking her chin, like Obi-Wan would do with his beard. "I think I want it to be a girl." She finally replied.

I stood up and extended my hand to her, she took it without doubt. "Well, we must wait some time before we know. Be patient." She nodded. "Do you want to have a walk?" I offered, knowing that she would agree instantly.

-------

[Days later]

It was nighttime when that nightmare happened. They called it Order 66; the greatest betrayal that the Republic had ever seen. That night, freedom died together with many friends, acquaintances and coworkers. I was standing at the balcony of my apartment in the Temple, looking at the dark sky, unconsciously caressing my still flat belly, when I saw it: A dark figure whose face I couldn't see, followed by a large number of clones. Never before had we received so many clones in the Temple, so this seemed highly irregular to me.

I decided to leave my apartment to find out what was happening; fortunately, my instinct or just a lucky thought made me take my blaster with me. What I saw was a scene that I never forgot: The Temple was full of clones who were shooting the Jedi. They tried to block every shot, but it was almost impossible, they were too many. I was confused; why would the clones do this to us? Weren't they our allies? Then, I understood: Treason! My mind told me that Chancellor Palpatine was behind all of this, but who was that dark figure who was leading the clones?

I fired at every clone I could see, trying to defend the Temple and the Jedi. I saw the dark figure walking through the corridors, like he knew exactly where he was going, like he knew this place as his own home. However, I couldn't see his face, as his hood covered almost his whole head. It took me some time to finally realize where he was going: The younglings' quarters! I didn't hesitate in what to do, the Jedi could manage to defend themselves, the children couldn't.

I followed close behind the stranger, with my blaster still between my hands, waiting for the opportune moment to shoot. He wasn't too far from the kids' quarters when he stopped.

"Aure, I know you won't shoot me."

His voice was familiar; it was so familiar, it scared me. I feared that this assassin would be my friend, that kid I had met 13 years before, now an adult. When he turned around, my fears became true: He was Anakin. He looked at me angrily; the blue of his eyes had been replaced by an unnatural yellow color. I felt like I had been frozen, I didn't know what to do, I was in shock. How could he be the traitor? I had trusted him completely, like he was my own brother; he had always been a good person, an amazing knight and a great friend.

Seeing that I didn't react, he smirked and attempted to go back to the quarters. Something in my mind finally made me act, I raised my arms to point at him with the blaster.

"Don't you dare get any closer to the children, Anakin, or I will shoot you." I threatened with my finger ready to pull the trigger.

However, my voice broke by the end of the sentence and my eyes showed my inner conflict. Anakin extended his hand and used the Force to make my blaster fly away from my hands. I didn't have enough time to think about what to do next, because some invisible fingers wrapped around my neck and lifted me from the ground. I struggled to breathe and my vision blurred. Anakin's gaze was fixed on me while he tortured me.

Suddenly, I heard the sound of a blaster and Anakin hissed in pain when I fell on the ground. I recovered my breath while I raised my head to see what had happened. Anakin looked at a new wound on his hand, the one he had been using to choke me. Behind him, Azha stood pointing my blaster at him. She was scared, I could see it in her eyes, but she was very brave. I felt proud of her, you don't see a nine year old girl shooting at someone who is trying to kill you every day.