Aaron Purr Sir?

It was time for recess and all the kids but one were scrambling to get outside. Mr. Washington frowned, walking over to the student. "Alex, are you alright? Why aren't you going outside for recess?" He asked, kneeling down so he could speak with him face-to-face. "I feew wike they're aww just going to waugh at me. And I don't have any fwiends. Besides, I'm having fun by myself witing this story."

"Alexander. I think you should go outside and find a friend. You're never going to make any sitting alone in here." Mr. W smiled.

Alex stopped writing for just a moment, thinking. "I guess you'we wight. I'ww go twy to make some fwiends." Alex showed Mr. W a toothy grin as he stood, putting away his crayon he was writing with.

Alex ran outside, maneuvering through a game of dodgeball, before stopping at the swings. There, he saw one student he had been wanting to talk to for some time. He cautiously walked up, sitting on the swing beside the boy.

"Hello." He greeted, turning to face Alex. "Hey!" He responded, almost too excitedly. "You'we Aawon Puww, wight?"

Aaron chuckled, getting off his swing. "Aaron Burr." He held out his hand, and Alex warily shook it. "Weww I'm–"

"Alexander Hamilton. I know." Aaron was very mature for his age. It intimidated Alexander, just a little. There was a few seconds of silence.

"Can I caww you Aawon Puww? It weminds me of a cat!" Alex held his hands out like a cat and made a meow noise, then giggled.

"No. I would rather not be compared to a cat." Aaron frowned. Suddenly there was a shout, and both boys looked over to see a group of kids skipping over, all laughing. 

"Ah, John Laurens. Marquis De Lafayette. Hercules Mulligan." Aaron acknowledged each by name. 

"Wow. He knows all our names." Hercules mumbled. 

"So you're the singer?" Aaron asked John.

John nodded. "That's me! In the place to be!" 

"You say that often. Any meaning behind it?" Aaron questioned. 

John dramatically shook his head. "Nope." He then looked at Alex. "Hi!" He waved.

Alex waved back, then looked at Lafayette. "Quel est votre nom?"

"Oui oui, mon ami, Je ma'pelle Lafayette." He said. Everyone stared at the two. 

Hercules whispered something to John, and they both erupted into a fit of giggles. 

"What?" Alex asked, his cheeks turning pink.

 John saw this and ran up to Alex, giving him a big hug. "Don't worry Alex! It wasn't anything about you." 

"Oh good." Alex sighed. When they finally let go each other, Alex looked around at the group. "I'm bored. Let's play a game!"

"Yeah!" Everyone agreed enthusiastically. 

"Let's pretend we're in a battle!" John suggested. 

"Yeah! I'll be general!" Alex shouted.

"No! I wanna be general!" Lafayette pouted. 

"I'll be the spy!" Hercules cheered. 

Aaron watched as his new friends ran around, pretending to shoot each other. 

"This is going to be an interesting year..."