~Choose wisely~

choose wisely

As I walked to my locker, I thought about everything. Why was I doing this? Why don't I just go home and say I didn't feel good? But I'm a chicken so I screwed that plan before it could even be well thought out. I grabbed my crap from my locker (thank god there was no homework) and waited for Annie. She was one of my best friends. We went to preschool together and have been together for 9 years now. I am 15 and she's 14 (I was held back cause I was just a day young to be in grade 10) so sometimes I can't talk to her about things. That's when I talk to any of my other friends. But I was going to Annie's house tonight so I was gonna have to talk to her. As we walked out of the school she let out a big squeal.

"Eeeeeek! I've been waiting to do that all day! Tonight's the dance and I get to see Dustin! OH MY GOD! What should I wear?" She went on like that until we got to her bus. In a small town like sketcherson , that's what people rode on and her house wasn't as far as mine. She liked to talk so I didn't have to as we drove away. But like I always did, I waved to Jesse and sat back in the seat. Annie never shut up till we were at her house. Then she noticed I was being quiet.

"Come on. I'm not gonna be the only one getting drunk and having fun. Just cause Jesse can't come doesn't mean you can't meet hotter dudes."She ranted on about the Wainwright guys coming; including her major crush she had named Dustin. "I mean, they are all single, including Dustin. I'll snag him; you can have whoever else you want." She said as she tossed me a beer. I was no obsessed with Jesse as she made me sound but I was the only girl he ever talked to and he was really cute and nice. He never came to any dances, but I didn't blame him. They got crazy and I never did have as much fun as everybody else. Everyone else was scared of him because he was from a huge city .He moved here in grade 7 and I was his first and only friend. But we've only been friends since grade 8. Before then I was still sorta afraid of him cause he wouldn't talk to no one and nobody knew why he moved here. Rumours took wind and before we knew it, he was an out cast. But then we were lab partners and I found out he was super nice and we just started talking.

"I will not get drunk, just drink and have fun" I stated, clearly trying to look away from the glare I knew Annie was giving me. She had a theory that Dustin only liked drunken girls so that's who she was planning on being. Which I thought was stupid cause who wants to have a guy like you only cause your drunk.

"O well, if his friends are like him then I will be the only non-single girl in our grade- wait, scratch that. Ashley and Ben are going out now, though that won't stop her from trying to get every other guy in her Pants." Annie went on about Ashley, the class 'miss-thinks-she's-all-that' girl, the one that all the guys like and has kissed. I Haven't had the pleasure of kissing any guy so maybe I shouldn't blame her, but when you have a boyfriend every week, you know they finally see threw her plans of getting rides to away hockey games and meeting other hotter guys.

"Well she can have whoever she wants .Its not like they're unwilling .And I don't know anyone from wolville." I really didn't. I always went to the guys (friends in our class that happen to be guys) home games so I never met the other players.

After another beer, we got ready and went to the dance. It was pitch black in the gym, but we could still see a group of people in front of the stage. There were some familiar people mixed in with strangers. Before I knew it I was grinding with some extremely hot guy. Then the next song came and the next, and then it was a slow song .I danced with a nice guy, blond hair, brown eyes, everything. After the song was done, he took me out in the hall by the hand. I didn't know what to do. It would be rude to say no, so I just followed.

After we got to the far end of the school, I realized I was alone with a stranger. I started thinking of terrible things; but then I heard his voice and felt safe.