#2 - Thought a lot

I thought the hat was absolutely 'perfect' for her. I stood up.
I left from there. I saw Vaibhavi going towards that girl and meeting her in complete comfortability. I was silently observing. I didn't know what was happening – so I had nothing to react upon.
But if the conclusion of all this was going to bite me with the statement – she is my friend – by Vaibhavi. I was going to get in to trouble...big trouble! But now, I had to somehow make this transition of me turning into his friend from rival happen.
The funny part for me was that I was undoubtedly sounding like a 'dil phek ashiq' saying 'I HAD to do this' and stuff.

Why so?
I don't know.
Was this love?
In deep – This could be a shove.
It was all so new.
Or was it beauty who met and flew.
I wanted to know more.
She seemed a 'mystery'.
I wanted to explore.
I was a simple boy.
Who used to share joy.
My mentality said – love is a trap.
I did not agree – on considering this good feeling a crap.

Anyways, we all went to a restaurant nearby and sat for the dinner.
Vaibhavi was on to ordering pizzas I was going to suggest for Chinese food. But I agreed to go with vaibhavi's suggestion.
I hoped that she would respect this huge sacrifice I had made for some reason.

I got Vaibhavi's company and seeing me coming towards her, which I never usually did, she got the strange expression's.
Both were silently walking and I was searching for the smartest way I could pitch 'the girl' topic to her. God helped me. She started.
She asked, not finding my hat around me, "hat, harsh?"
I, in low voice acted as if I didn't hear her words – because I wanted to clarify her intentions and to know that did she knew about the 'gifting' or not, replied "hmm? What?"
She found out I was hiding something, also she knew I had given it to the girl on the beach. She told me. And I also went brave and shared everything with her. She replied awesomely to every thought of mine.
It was a revolutionary day for me because this rival of mine had become such a good friend, okay – no egos, she had become my best friend.
I reached my building and waved a leave to everyone!
While leaving Vabhavi said "harsh don't think a lot about it. Let me figure out something"

I gave a thumbs up.
Smiled.
Left!
Into the lift, 9th floor button clicked up.
Closed my eyes – relived.
Felt!

I reached my door.
Knocked.
My Mom opened the door and asked if I had enjoyed. I replied, to each question of her, very quickly and went for a shower. I got ready, wore my night suit, had my dinner and went to sleep.

~The sleep~
Closed my eyes.
Tried and realised.
Oh creep!
I couldn't sleep.
Experiencing patience I couldn't keep.
Was I going somewhere wrong?
Was this is all cheap.
I got up.
Washed my face.
Chilled up.
Stopped the heart-beat race.

I somehow kept on perceiving to sleep, hoping, this reasonless- impatient mind would calm down the next morning.

Frustrated.
I stopped thinking a lot.
Tried to forget what I felt.
I slept.

Continued in #3