Feelings

"S-Sorry, I didn't mean to" Luke said with a shaky voice.
"It's okay, no worries" I replied.
I was kind of shocked because it just came out of nowhere. I can't say that I didn't like it though. The hug felt so warm and comforting. Stop Char, what are you thinking, it was just a hug, I told myself. I couldn't stop thinking about it though. I kind of wanted another one..

We kept studying for another hour. He was truly improving and I felt really good about myself. I walked him to the door.
"Thanks again, Lottie" he said smiling.
"Anytime" I said smiling too.
"I'm also really sorry about the hug"
"Hey, no problem, we are friends right, friends can hug each other" I said laughing.
"Yeah I guess so" he said with assurance in his voice.
"Well bye, Lottie" he walked off.
I guess me and Luke are now friends. Really good friends.

That night I couldn't stop thinking about what happened. I know you might be thinking "oh it's just a hug Char" but it just felt like more. Could Luke actually have feelings for me, or was he just really grateful. Well, whatever reason it was I don't really care, it was a hug I truly won't forget. Thank you Luke, for being my first good friend in Colorado, I said before I went out like a light.

It was finally Friday morning. Again, I went through the normal routine and headed off to the bus. I felt like today was going to be a really good day. I probably looked like an idiot skipping through the hallways, but who cares, it's a good day. I went past 1, 2, and 3 period and I was about to walk into History class. The moment we walked in our teacher started assigning partners for a project about ww2. I didn't hear my name but a familiar face came up to me.
"Guess we are partners" he said rolling his eyes.
Oh great, it was the jerk again. Am I always going to be stuck with him. I mean come on. "Okay, this time you better work WITH me, not use me as your servant" I said with a smile.
He agreed and we started brainstorming ideas. Once we started talking he didn't really seem like a jerk anymore. He was pretty nice.

"Okay class, the project is due on Monday, so you will have to work over the weekend" said our teacher.
Yay, my favorite thing to do over the weekend..
"Here, give me your number and I'll text you when and where we need to meet" I said smiling.
"Okay it's 654-874-6438"
"Thanks, and what's your name, I don't believe I got it"
"Tristan" he said with a giant smile.
All of a sudden my smile faded.
"What, what's wrong" Tristan said confused.
No way, that can't be THE Tristan I remember, please don't be that Tristan...