Chapter 4- PRESENT

Chapter 4

I was gingerly pulling the hem of dress because it was uncomfortably skidding a bit higher when someone jumped(yes, jumped, tumalon ang lola mo) on Xander. Xander instinctively wrapped his arms around the woman's very small waist as her lanky legs wounded themselves to my "date's" back. Kung hindi ko date si Xander, I would've consider the scene very sweet and corny and I wouldn't have the urged to pull the gorgeous woman's hair and wash it with a mixture of toothpaste and wood glue. But since ako nga since ang date ng walanghiya, I loudly fake a cough to get their attention.

"Nina,  I told you not to jumped on me everytime we meet," sabi ni Xander saka mabilis na ibinaba si "Nina." "By the way, this is my fiancee, Cres." He then faced me with a look of apology from the prior scene. "Cres, this is my bestfriend, Nina." Babatiin ko sana ito pero walang ganang tumango lamang ito saglit na halos hindi nga ako tinignan sa mata saka ibinalik muli ang attention kay Xander

"But I missed you so much, didn't you miss me? I've been waiting for you to at least ask me how I am but you horrible human being, I waited for nothing! Nalaman ko na lang kay Kuya Xav na ipapakilala mo daw ngayon sa family mo ang girlfriend mo. So I hopped on the plane asap to stop you from doing such an impulsive and ridiuculous thing!" she exclaimed.

I felt disrespected by this brat (even though I want to dispute the fiancee introduction)  and was about to give her a piece of my mind but Xander's sudden change of voice and air beat me to it. "Nina.." I saw Nina's eyes widen and she her shoulder hunched a little as she cower against Xander's icy voice. "I know that you can be a bit possessive and overprotective about me but in under no circumstances am gonna have you disrespect Cres. You will treat her civilly, am I clear?" I gotta say, the question is more of a command than a question.

"Crystal," sabi ni Nina, pakiramdam ko ay pinipilit lang nitong hindi umiyak sa harapan nila. "I'm sorry for being rude to you," sabi nito na sa wakas ay inacknowledge na ang existence ko.  "I need to go to the powder room, excuse me," anito saka dali-daling tumakbo palayo sa kanila. Xander sighed loudly. "I'm really sorry about that, Nina's just like that. She thinks she likes me." paliwanag nito. And she probably does,  I didn't know you were dense. I thought.

I decided to let that issue go for now. Naalala kong ang pakilala sakin ni Xander. "Ouch!" reklamo nito ng bigla nya itong hinampas sa dibdib. "Bakit fiancee ang pakilala mo sakin? Suntukin kaya kita!" 

Nginitian lang nya ako. "Sorry na-carried away lang ako. Kung pwede nga lang maging asawa na kita agad-agad. Kaso alam kong bubugbugin mo pa ako ngayon, kaya fiancee na lang muna." he said and stole another kiss from me. Then his face turned quite serious. 

"Actually, hindi lang ito basta-basta dinner party, Cres. Engagement party din ito ng kapatid ko." he said with a frown. Hindi ko alam pero may something sa expression ni Xander na hindi ko maintindihan. It made me uneasy but I ignored it. 

"Finally, I will get to meet your family. Napakasecretive mo kasi." komento ko habang pinapaupo ako ni Xander sa table namin. Medyo late na kami pero at marami ng guests ang nagsidatingan pero wala pa rin sa table ang pamilya ni Xander.  

Xander picked up his phone and frowned. "Are you okay by yourself? I'll be back quickly." I nodded and he hurriedly went off. I adjusted my dress as it skidded again, distastefully higher than what I might have liked. I was about to curse the damn thing, when a coat was dropped on my legs. I looked up and saw the face I've waited for so long. Well, until I got tired of waiting.

"Uhm, I thought you might need it for now." he said. He looked unsure. As I am. How to react when you see your ex whom you waited for so long and then texted you to move on after years and years of waiting?--I probably need to google that.

I saw a very beautiful old woman with his husband (i think) came up on the stage.

"Ladies and gentleman, we're very pleased to tell you that we have an additional member to our family. She was my son's, Edward Xavier's, fiancee. They met years ago and to our delight, they finally decided to tie the knot..." Mrs. Imperial said. She was looking at our direction. Hindi ko alam kug bakit pero kinakabahan ako. Alam ko namang hindi ako ang fiancee na sinasabi ng mga ito dahil nga, hello, ibrineak nga ako eh! . 

Naramdaman kong may humawak sa balikat ko. I turned to see Aelle, my bestfriend. Natural na maganda ito pero mas gumanda pa ito lalo. Ang katulad Aelle ang bagay sa mga Imperial. Muli nang bumalik si Xander sa upuan ko. Bahagyang mas tumuwid ata amg tindig nito noong makita si Xavier. Hawak nito sa braso si Nina na nakatitig sa aming lahat habang nakasimagot. She was muttering under her breath but I do not care since I'm trying to sink everything that is happening. 

She's a very lovely woman and my son is very much indeed lucky to have her as his wife. Please welcome, the future Mrs. Imperial, Ms. Aelle Rodriguez!" ani ni Mrs. Imperial. Everyone applauded, including me. I automatically did it. Sue me.

After being presented on stage, finally all the members of the Imperial family are seated to one table. I was also introduced and they politely greeted me. 

"Cres, honey, this is my brother, Edward Xavier and her lovely future wife, Aelle." said Xander.

I contemplated if I should confess to Xander that his brother was my ex-boyfriend and his fiancee was my bestfriend. That seemed like a horrible idea. This situation is so cliche. And speaking of horrible, I was receiving nasty glares from Nina. I took a deep breath.

"I know, Xander. "

I turned to Xavier's direction. "Hello, Xavier." I said smiling politely. I then turned to Aelle, and greeted her the same way. I looked at Xander after and said, "You see, Aelle was my bestfriend and Xavier was my ex."