18 Third

A/N Okay so this is where I'm really going to begin to deviate from the story. Many people won't agree with what I do, but understand that I'm making it my own story with JK Rowling's characters. Thank You and Enjoy!

If one was to look at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry on Christmas Day, not much would be out of the ordinary.

About thirty students had stayed behind, the majority of them being Hufflepuffs and Gryffindors. A couple Ravenclaws had remained to study.

There was only one Slytherin.

-------------------------------------------------------

Ashlynn Elmer hadn't left the common room in three days. Living off of the abundance of sweets that her friends and the Potters had sent, she made her home by the fire as she read book after book after book.

On Christmas day, she read her mail. Everything was normal; James had sent her a christmas card from his family, Sirius had sent a christmas card that consisted of the marauders being fools, Remus had sent her a postcard from Romania, Regulus had sent a wordy letter complaining about his family. Lucius and Narcissa had sent a postcard from their trip to Romania. She read these letters and smiled sadly, wishing that she didn't have to be in hiding from her family and...others.

Then there were the letters that made her blood run cold.

Ash,

Be careful. Mum and Dad have been talking, they think you're in danger. Don't let anyone that isn't one of us into your dormitory. I think that the Death Eaters are looking for you. You can't let any of your Slytherin friends know about your family. Many of them have Death Eater parents, they'll probably relay any information on you back to their parents, and you know where that goes.
Stay Safe.

-James

Ashlynn,
I don't really know why, but my parents were wondering about your plans and such. I've been told it's urgent. Please respond.
-Lucius Malfoy

Ash,
Malfoy and all of his friends will be asking you for information. Don't give it to them. I'll explain when I get back.
Stay Safe.
-James

Ash,
Mother wants you to know that she has spoken with your parents. They want you to come over for the summer. They said something about wanting to get to know you. Please consider! It's dreadfully boring here.
-Reg

Ashlynn,
Get yourself out of the Slytherin dormitories as soon as possible. Every one of your housemates is suspicious. Don't trust them. Get Dumbledore to give you a room somewhere else. Please, I need to know you are away from them.
See you soon, and stay safe.
-James.

Daughter,
You are to go to the Black Manor for summer. It is then that you will join the Dark Lord to serve him. Consequences of you refuse.
-Mother and Father

Ash,
Get out of there.
Now.
Please.
-James.

It was after reading all of these that Ashlynn Elmer stood. With shaking hands, she threw all of the letters into the fire, before moving to her dorm. Packing her trunk, she moved it down to the common room and left it there.
When she returned, she levitated the trunk to the room of requirement, and let herself into her new dorm.

It was then that she allowed herself to cry.

When the train arrived and the Slytherins crowded into their common room, looking for Ashlynn to ask her questions, she wasn't there.