"Go after her," she stated.

Mitsuhide's brown eyes narrowed at the blonde, who stood unmoving.

"Kiki's right," Shirayuki jumped in. Green irises wild with sincerity. "She came to see you."

"She was swinging a sword," Zen pointed out.

Kiki and Shirayuki both rolled their eyes at the boys.

"Mitsuhide," Kiki prompted.

He shook his head. "Kumiko won't listen even if I go after her," he muttered.

"You won't know if you don't try," Shirayuki fought.

Mitsuhide turned to her with cold distant eyes and replied, "I have tried."

With a stomp of her foot Shirayuki took off after the girl with her brows furrowed and her eyes determined. Zen stepped to follow her, but a guard called to him, his presence needed for work. Groaning he looked to Kiki who nodded in understanding, before giving Obi an order.

"Keep an eye on Shirayuki," he said.

"Yes Master," Obi saluted.

Then they all parted. Mitsuhide tucking the spare sword into his belt as he followed after Prince Zen.

AAA

Kumiko didn't run far, she knew her brother that well at least. After making it over the castle wall she found a tree branch big enough for her to curl up on to sulk her anger away. She had failed at showing him how strong she had become, that she didn't need him to protect her, that she never needed him around.

She punched the trunk of the tree with a fierce growl. The impact shook nearby branches and rustling the leaves around her.

"Ow," she murmured.

Pulling her hand into her lap she watched blood bead up along the cuts on her knuckles and roll down onto her fingers. Kumiko released a long irritated sigh as she stared up through the green branches at the pieces of blue sky she could see between the swaying leaves. Today was suppose to be her day.

"Kumiko!"

Startled, the girl looked down to see the red haired herbalist jogging about searching for something.

"Kumiko?"

Searching for her.

Kumiko pulled her feet up so she was crouched on the branch, hoping not to be found. She couldn't believe her proud knight of a brother would send a little girl after her. He never had chased after her before, so why start now.

"Kumiko?" Shirayuki called.

Kumiko Lowen quietly watched as the girl ran by her hiding place and deeper into the forest. Just when Kumiko thought she was safe a deep voice sounded behind her.

"Found you little Mitsuhide," he whispered.

Scared, Kumiko slipped from her branch and started falling to the ground. Before she could scream she found herself dangling from her wounded hand and staring up at the smirking yellow-eyed guy from earlier.

"It's Kumiko," she grumbled.

"Right right," Obi nodded. "Miss, I found her!" he called out.

As he lowered her to the ground Shirayuki came sprinting towards them. She frantically grabbed at Kumiko's wrists pulling her hands into view so she could inspect the damage. Her face was scrunched up in disapproval, while Kumiko just stared down at her in confusion. What was with this girl? If she was sent to drag her back why care about her hand?