She bursted out laughing. She even wiped a tear away. I felt myself slowly smiling as I stared at her.

She suddenly sat properly and turned to me with a serious face. "Seriously though, how the hell did that happen? You couldn't have liked someone like her, right?"

I had this urge to defend Crystal when she said that. "You don't know her, so don't judge, okay?"

Kylie's POV

I looked down and sighed. "You're right. Sorry."

He must've liked her or still likes her to defend her like that. I know it was wrong of me to judge her like that, but after what she's done to me? And who would've thought that she could steal this man's heart? I'm jealous.

Wait, what? I didn't just think that I'm jealous of her, right? Nope, no.

"How did you two meet? If you don't mind me asking." I looked at him and saw him staring at me, studying my face carefully.

He sat down beside me and stared ahead, as if recalling the past.

"You can call her my childhood friend. We were friends since I was ten. Since she and Mark were best friends then, she always visit him and play with him. We just moved in here at that time, so I was a loner. The two of them offered to be my friends and since then the three of us were best friends."

I stared at him in shock and astonishment. What the- Mark and Crystal?! Best friends?! Mark and Kris?! Best friends?! Whaaaattt?!!!Noooo, it couldn't be! How could this be?!

"You're joking, right?"

He turned to face me with a serious look. "Do I look like I'm joking?"

Maybe. Yes, you look like you're joking.

"No? Oh, my God..." I mumbled under my breath.

What the hell happened then? Why does he hate Mark now?! Why does Mark hate Crystal now?! How do I know Mark hates Crystal? Simple, from the looks Mark was giving Crystal, you could see that he despised the girl.

Anyway, if Crystal was friends with these two guys, she must've been a very good and kind girl. What the hell happened to her now? Why is she acting like she's the devil's spawn?

Oh, wait! What if the problem with their friendship is what keeps Kris from crossing over? I should help him then. But he's going to leave after that, right? Why is it so hard to decide whether to help him or not? I should help him, right? Because it's what I should do.

"What are you thinking?" His voice brought me back to reality.

"Huh?" I turned to face him. He had his eyebrows furrowed while staring at me.

"What are you thinking?" He repeated.

"Nothing, just wondering why you guys seem to hate each other now." Well, it's not entirely a lie.

Does Kris hate Crystal though? I mean, he let me punch her. But he stayed with her. He even looked worried.

"Duh, it's his ex-girlfriend who was punched. Of course, he'd be worried." My subconscious deadpanned.

Well, it's not like she's still his girlfriend.

"Well, what if they really love each other? What if they were only separated because Kris died?"

Then, I have no place in his heart. Wait, why do I want a place in his heart anyways? Ugh! This is really messing with my mind! I'm not thinking properly. I'm stressed. Yeah, that's right. I'm just stressed.