Lesson 24: Don't Mess With Minds

Start from the beginning

       The girl turned around, her hand firmly on her hip. A lollipop was between her cherry red lips, making her look slightly innocent. What ruined her “innocent” image was the slutty, black clothes and tattoos going up her neck and down her arms. “Mickey,” Chrissie Bernes greeted nonchalantly, amusement twinkling in her eyes. “Long time, no see.”

       “You’re back?” he asked curiously, stopping beside her. The only other girlfriend he ever had before was the older chick right in front of him. She wasn’t as old as Sam, just a three year difference from Mickey.

       “Eh, for now,” she answered, turning her body towards him fully. She exposed her black tank top that was cut right above her belly button, revealing her pierced navel. “God. You’ve gotten hotter, Mick.”

       Mickey practically grinned at her. “As did you, Chris,” he responded. Maybe having Chrissie around will get my mind off of Michelle.

       “I heard you had a girlfriend.”

       So much for that idea. His eyes narrowed and he responded, “Yeah. And?”

       “I find it cute,” Chrissie replied, pulling the lollipop out of her mouth. She gave a small shrug. “You actually settling down…”

       “You know we broke up, right?”

       “Oh, trust me,” mischief flashed through those bright pair of green orbs, “I know. You think anything is secret with Ronnie?” A knowing look appeared on her face as she crossed her arms over her chest, popping the lollipop back into her mouth.

       He paled slightly. “Uh, can I talk to you in private?” Mickey hissed, but before she could respond, he already grabbed her hand and pulled her into the school building. Once they were inside, Mickey shoved Chrissie into an empty classroom and closed the door behind him. “What did Ronnie tell you?” he sneered, glaring at the sexy woman in front of him.

       Chrissie, staying quiet, wandered around the classroom for a bit. She analyzed her surroundings before taking a seat on the cluttered, teacher’s desk. She crossed her legs and leaned backwards, her hands on the desk supporting her up. “Everything,” Chrissie answered, shrugging and rolling her eyes. “You honestly think Ronnie would keep secrets from me?”

       “I wished he would,” Mickey grumbled, continuing to glare. If anything, he was pissed off at Ronnie for telling Chrissie everything. People might think that Mickey is exaggerating on what Ronnie would tell Chrissie, but he knew those two better than the back of his hands. Ronnie’s mouth would blab anything to his older sister.

       “He knows better than to do that to his doting sister,” she responded, placing a hand over her heart whilst grinning cynically. “But what’s the big deal if he told me? You and that Minnie chick are history.”

       His lips twitched at the sound of the nickname. The idiot told Michelle’s nickname instead.

       “Unless,” her eyebrows rose, “the Mickey Varsity doesn’t want Minnie to be history!”

       “You’re not my sister,” Mickey chimed smugly, smirking. “I don’t have to tell you anything.”

       Her grin shifted into a smirk as well. “Oh, Mickey, Mickey. You’re as dumb as ever.”

       “Hey!”

       “I never would’ve thought you, out of everyone I know, would be willing to help such a pretty girl in getting her ex back. I would’ve never imagined you helping such a pretty girl that you’ve had a crush on for years now on that type of quest then having his little heartbroken when that quest was accomplished. I never would’ve–”