*(1)Rejected and very special

Hello, my name is Sapphire Wolfe (pronounced Wol-fay) and I'm the packs omega. I'm abused daily and i am usually left for dead at least three times a week. Nice to meet ya! Insert eye roll please. But seriously......they leave me bleeding out and hope, even pray, that i die. The sad thing is, i wasn't even born an omega. My high status in the pack was dropped, all because i was supposed to shift at the age of 13 and didn't. Every birthday after that the beatings got worse, i have prayed every day for the shift to come but it never does.

    My mom and dad died when i was 5, and they never had a chance to have any other kids. So basically i have no one to stand up for me, or to at least be there for me when i go to bed bleeding and crying.

   Im startled out of my thoughts  by a yell. "Sapphire get down here right now! You should of been down here three hours ago!" Ahh the Alpha, he is too lazy to walk upstairs so he decides to yell whenever he needs me. Welp another day of cooking and learning at that horrible shack, a place many others will call school.

   Sadly Im really smart and excel in school so im forced to do all of the packs homework. Which means i do homework for 136 people, including my own.

   Im also not allowed a shower every day since i 'waste precious water trying to wash away the filth that will never go away'. I took one yesterday, meaning Im forced to skip today. I got ready, as fast as i could with a broken rib, and ran down stairs to start breakfast for the pack. Once down stairs i cringe at the pain caused by my broken rib. I force myself to hide the pain and begin cooking.

   After i was done, the pack started to fill into the dinning room to eat. Today i turn 16 meaning I'm supposed to find my mate, and im so excited to meet him!!! Note the sarcasm. Anxiety slowly creeps through my body, what if i never find my mate? That would mean i would have no chance to get out of this hell hole!

   I get so worked up i almost forget about the sharp pain of hunger running through me. Key word, almost.....Along with beating me, the pack also starves me. Im only allowed one meal per week, and if i didn't have werewolf blood in me i would've been dead by now.

   I got snapped out of my thoughts when the smell of cinnamon and spearmint wafted towards me. My eyes flick around the kitchen, i didnt think i cooked my famous mint rolls today. My eyebrows scrunched together in confusion, if that smell isnt coming from my rolls, then where is it coming from? This can only mean one thing...

   Oh no...rejection here i come!

   I sigh but begin to shuffle towards the back door, pausing every once in awhile to check and make sure the pack hadnt heard me move. 'Mate' i jumped a foot in the air, startled by the voice that seemed to come from no where. "What in the world..?" I whispered. 'Mate, must go to mate.' The husky voice didnt scare me this time, just caused a bit of confusion. Its like its in my head or something. Wait. MY WOLF! I smiled like a crazed woman and took a few small steps towards the back door. Although the doors were glass, i couldn't see anyone outside.

   I followed the smell through the back yard, and around the rose garden. Soon enough my eyes landed on Zack, the school player AKA: the Alpha's son. Why did i get him as a mate? Like seriously!

   He stood up from his seat on the bench and began to turn away from the lake view, his eyes soon focusing on me. Love was the first emotion that flashed across his lovely chocolate brown eyes, but it wasnt the last. My wolf perked up and whispered something i couldnt catch.

   The look in his deep brown eyes soon enough turned into anger as he began the trek towards me. Once he was within my personal bubble his hand made contact with my right cheek, causing my head to spin a bit. This act of disrespect from our mate made my wolf whimper. I cringe knowing what was coming. "I Zack Slaughter reject you Sapphire Wolfe" and in that exact moment i could feel my world break and come falling down causing everything to freeze.