Chapter 10

Chapter 10- Memory lane

Pictures and memories of us filled my mind and played itself over and over. Tainting me. Mocking me. Showing me everything I had but didn't know would soon disappear. I never knew it would all happen so fast. Too fast for me to even react.

He made me whole. He painted a permanent smile on my face. The best that there was. Someone once told me that love was forever. That it would last as long as you had that special someone. As long as you knew he was the one. That he would be your and you his. Your love. Your everything. They were wrong.

"Elisia sweetheart please" my mom begged. Tears filled her eyes and stained her face as pleaded with her broken child.

"Please tell me"

"Tell me what's happen. Tell me so I can fix it" she pleaded. Didn't she know? Didn't she know there was nothing that she could do to fix me? Nothing she could do to pull me out of this darkness. I stared down at her with a blank expression. Giving away nothing.

"Mom" I whispered. My voice hoarse from my weeks of silence.

"I'm fine. Nothing's wrong" I pulled her small frame against mine. Embracing her. I held her as she cried into my shoulder. She was slowly breaking. But what for. She was fine. Her life was perfect compared to mine. She has an amazing, loving family. Her loving husband and mate.

She said something was wrong with me. That I was sad and depressed. She said she could tell from the way I was acting. I no longer speak to my best friend. I don't leave the house anymore or the comfort of my bed. I never smile anymore. It seemed like it all became pointless to me.

"Mother please"

"Please go fined father. I'm fine" why couldn't she listen. Could she not see that I just wanted to be alone? Didn't she know when to stop?

That was a few months ago. I'm a lot better now. You could say that I was still the same but I handily people a lot better now. I never did talk back to my bestfriend since birth though. But that is a whole other story.

"Hey" Prince Asher said as he sat down beside me on the grass. His eyes desperate to meet mine but I wasn't allowing it.

"Elisia" he called out. Expecting me to face him. I didn't. He placed his finger under my chin forcing me eyes to lock with his. His beautiful eyes capturing mine. Holding me to them. Nothing looked better; perfect and full of life.

"What's wrong" he asked once he had spotted me tears. He gently lifted me off the grass on placed me on his lap. Cradling me in his arms. His warm consumed me and his scent hypnotizing.

"Tell me what's wrong. Baby girl so that I can help" he whispered. His hands making small circles on my back as he tried to comfort me. Goosebumps began to form on my skin and tingles filled my body from his touch.