Soulmates, You Before Me Deal

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Yes. Besides soulmates wouldn't do that, maybe they would be psychopaths together and kill people, but they wouldn't hurt each other."

'Unless it was to save the world, bring glory to your family, and to continue living afterwards,' Pythia thought darkly.

"Of course not, soulmates are 'you before me' deal, right?"

"Yes, for your soulmate I would think you would do just about anything to keep them safe. I think I would gladly die for mine, I think," Her mom says, but then realized what she just said. "Oh, but I only mean like I would put myself in front of the bullet, but I mean I would do that for your father or for you kids, so maybe that doesn't mean much," her mother finishes in a flustered rush. Pythia pauses and looks at her flustered mother. For your soulmate, anyone would do just about anything to keep them safe. Including die for them, if the situation allowed. What if-

No. Pythia shakes her head, trying to lose the thought. Leon was a murder, Leon was going to kill her, Pythia was going to die.

Please! Hades! Give her back!

Pythia groans and bumps her head against the table. Again, with the confusing shit. Pythia was about 110% done with all this oracle crap.

"To die for them? Huh-" Pythia says in a breath.

"Well, when you love something very much, to die would be of little consequence. I would rather that, then to stew in my guilt for the rest of my life, knowing I could have made a difference." Her mom walked off then, to go wake her brother up and Pythia stayed seated.

"I wonder, would he feel guilty at all?" Pythia paused and thought back to the vision of Leon's childhood and sighed.

'Even I am human'

"Morning baby sis!" Marcus says in an sleepy voice.

"Only a couple of minutes!" Pythia hisses back.

Marcus laughs and ruffles Pythia's bed head. Moving to grab a bowl for cereal. Only he comes back with two. "Coffee isn't a proper meal Pythia. Now Captain Crunch or a bowl full of sadness?"

"There is nothing wrong with Cheerios," Pythia responds easily.

"Yeah of course, here you go one bowl of sadness coming right up," Marcus said and Pythia now had a bowl of Cheerios in front of her. Pythia smiles finally.

"Thanks, I'm sure this bowl will be just as satisfying as the last how-ever-many I've had previous," Pythia responds but gets up to grab them spoons while Marcus grabbed the milk. Their morning ritual is continued uninterrupted.

But then there's a knock on the door. Pythia frowns, confused, then looks to her mom, but her mom just shrugs and shakes her head in confusion. Marcus gets up and moves to the door. "You expecting someone?" Pythia asks.

"No, but it's rude not to answer." Pythia nods in agreement and goes back to making their lunch, putting the last slice of of bread on top before cutting it in half. Just as she's put them into bags Marcus comes back. With a look of discomfort. Odd.

"What? Did Mrs.Ford accidentally flash you again?" Pythia teased. Mrs.Ford their neighbour across the street has a habit of streaking across her house naked, and while most boys would find that hot, they don't usually find old ladies with saggy boobs hot. Marcus had come home pale as a sheet, and quietly asking to have his eyes bleached and repeating 'Pythia I can never unsee what I've seen!' And Pythia had laughed for days.