All falls down.

I turned to stone everything was cold, depression settled around my shoulders like an itchy sweater. I lost hope, I stopped dreaming only living in nightmares. My world was a stark gray ugly thing. I thought it'd never let up, but then, slowly I smiled a little here and there, I made an effort to go outside, I told a joke and slowly hope started to bud in my chest like the first signs of spring.

And then you came in and before I knew it that bud bloomed so sweet and beautiful and I was singing, dancing, leaping in the sunshine. I was love and light and you were air.

A high I thought I'd never again achieve, nothing could bring me down.

How foolish was I, forgetting all things that go up must come down.

The clouds rolled near, ever dark. And I pushed, shoved, screamed and still they came.

A crack of lightning so swift and powerful enough to send me hurtling to the groud at max speed struck me. No way to stop it, no one to catch me.

I splatted to the ground in a heap of blood and guts, but still alive still able to feel every piece of my body screaming in pain, screaming for help and getting nothing, no answer no far off noise in the distance indicating help was near.

Just nothingness.