Thirty - Say you love me

- Sorry for any grammar errors -

Drew’s POV

Where am I? The touch of the blankets under me is not the same. The atmosphere here is different. I slowly open my eyes and the room is dark, the normal light entering through the window in the morning is not here. I move my head to one of the sides of the bed and I immediately feel my head going round and round. I feel it so heavy. Even though it’s dark in here I can notice my clothes on the ground and… someone else’s clothes. Shit. What happened? I turn my head to the other side and there it is, the owner of the clothes on the ground next to mine. Her blonde hair shines in the darkness. I can’t see her face, her back is turned at me so I can only see the lines of her curves shaped under the blankets. I notice her breathing movements and I know she’s sleeping calmly. Should I wait for her to wake up? Why did I do this? This is wrong, I don’t know this girl from anywhere and I can’t go back to my old life, I just can’t, I will disappoint Madison.

But wait.

She does not care about me. She told me she does but I honestly don’t believe it. She has Wes, why would she care about me? She never loved me and she never will so why would she say that? Even though I’m hurt and broken and sad and torn apart I still love her but it’s hard, it’s hard as fuck. It’s hard knowing I’ll never have her in my arms, it’s hard to think I’ll never be able to touch her soft skin and kiss her perfect lips, everything is hard. I fell for her and I know I’ll never find anyone like her. What I did yesterday was because I was lost, I had my heart broken. I still have and I always will but I believe it will get better one day, the pain will go away. 

I wish I could unmeet her. If I had never seen her, I wouldn’t be feeling like I am now. But I did, and now look at me, look at this guy whose only love used to be music. She walked in, her spirit lighted the whole room. I’ll never forget that day. Her voice sounded so weird because of her Portuguese accent and I thought to myself that she was different. I guess I wasn’t wrong. She’s not the typical girl, the typical fan. Yes, she was a fan and everyone knows that fans are crazy for their idols but she didn’t show that at that day, she didn’t “die” like other girls did. Instead she showed us a sassy attitude and that was what attracted me the most. Of course, Wes was attracted to that too, I could feel it in the way he talked. We’ve seen a lot of girls around the country and we know who’s special and who’s not, and Madison definitely is, otherwise we would never ask her to have dinner with us after we just met her.

I interrupt my mind from my inner conversation and carefully pull the covers off of me; I don’t want her to wake up and have to deal with her. I put my feet on the cold ground and an electric shiver runs immediately through my body. I support my hands on the edge of the bed and help my body standing up. My head continues spinning and the aches are coming. I can’t remember much from the previous events, I just remember being drinking at a bar and then I saw this girl and we started making out. I don’t know what happened next but judging by this situation here I bet we did something more than just make out. I pick up my clothes from the floor and put them on me. Right then I hear the girl moving. I don’t even mind looking up to where she is, I just hurry up dressing my jeans and in a second I’m out of the room. As soon as I close the door, I feel the difference from the suffocating air of the bedroom and the fresh cold air of the hallway. The sun almost blinds me. It’s such a huge light difference that I need to put my hands above my eyes, protecting them from the rays. I walk along the hallway and there are a lot of pictures of the girl hanging on the walls. She’s actually very pretty but if she was a good girl, she wouldn’t hook up with a stranger so appearances really do elude. The house is small and it seems that she lives alone. Good, I wouldn’t like to find her dad or her mom or her little brother waiting for me in the living room to shoot me bad looks. I find the white exit door and twist the knob.