Across her street, the rain splattered against the windscreen of a blacked-out Range Rover, parked on the opposite side of her road. Inside, the driver placed a finger on his bluetooth earplug, "I can confirm, she resides at the given address."

He listened intently to the reply, the line splurging out enticed questions as he stared at her small apartment, an insight blocked by her closed curtains. He reached for the handgun from his holster and pulled downwards on the magazine, "she is now inside the apartment, is it to be done now?"

"-Not yet, we've yet to lure him in. The girl remains untouched."

The man placed his lips into an irritated, firm line before scowling, "understood," down the line as he then disconnected it. With a final glare to her apartment, he placed his key in the ignition and his car sparked to life.

Sawyer tied her apron tightly around her waist with a sigh, another day grafting in a minimum wage paid job was just what she adored in life. She tied up her hair, allowing a few weaves to straggle down as she'd always hated her ears.

She couldn't grumble all that much, she had enough money for food and a standard life, alongside enough occasional tips from customers to save up and eventually travel to Thailand again. Sure, she didn't have money for the extraordinary things in life like an expensive car or an extravagant house, but she was alive and therefore she was grateful.

"Tamila, is Sawyer here today?" A familiar voice beckoned from the till, brightening a smile onto Sawyers face as she recognised the questioner. Tamila laughed before calling after Sawyer, urging her to rush to the counter from the staff room with a grin.

"Hello, Mrs Julie," Sawyer beamed as she walked behind the counter, her smile instantly widening at the soft natured, old lady who smiled excitedly at her presence, "how are you?"

Annabelle Julie, who Sawyer endlessly addressed as Mrs Julie through propriety, was a shortly stout lady who's face was adorned with crinkles through age. She always wore the smallest trace of makeup and always had cheap corner-store jewellery to match every outfit. Her age was apparent on the small ladies face but her soft smile beamed brighter than that of any younger youth.

"Sweetheart," Mrs Julie exasperated, her hand placed on her heart in relief that her self proclaimed 'granddaughter' had returned as she gleamed with gratitude, Sawyer instinctively reaching to give her hug from behind the counter, "I'm splendid now you're back. My how I've missed you! How was Thailand doll?" she spoke lovingly as Sawyer broke back from the hug.

Sawyer smiled fondly before reaching to wash her hands, "it was very emotionally draining but absolutely soul moving, I've never felt so content. How's Tamila's tea-making been?" she chuckled as she dried her hands with a tea towel, glancing over her shoulder to her as she smiled.

Mrs Julie began to giggle, "don't tell Tamila but she just doesn't make them as good as you can-" Tamila instantly protested from across the shop, causing the two to laugh from the counter before Sawyer returned infront of Mrs. Julie.

"So, Mrs Julie, would you like your usual?" Sawyer asked, flashing her a gentle smile as Mrs Julie nodded enthusiastically with a, 'yes please.'

"Why don't you go take a seat, I'll bring it right over-" Sawyer was instantly interrupted by a man entering the shop who was not at all like their normal customers, which therefore encouraged the entire coffee shop to draw to a freeze.