EPILOGUE TWO

they've been together for five years now, married or one

Jane had been the closest thing Lizzie had to a sister for about twenty years, so it really shouldn't have been so much of a surprise to her when she read the letter - yes, an actual letter - from Lizzie. She was washing off her makeup after filming a scene when Richard came to the set with a letter from her best friend, which she immediately opened.

Jane,

Do you remember when I was nineteen and called you in tears because I found out that I'd probably never be able to have kids? It was a sad day. You got Hannah to drive you to my place, even if I lived almost five hours away, and then we ate ice cream and cried.

Well, yesterday I went to the doctor because I've been really sick for a couple of weeks and I thought I could get some recommendations for a specific medication or something, but nope.

Jane, Grant and I are having a baby!

I mean, I haven't told him yet because he's shooting for that movie and he's getting back this Saturday, but I just had to tell someone. Can you please call me when you get this letter? I really want to ramble to you about this. I'm really excited, because I didn't think I would have the chance to actually carry a child, and I know that I need to talk to Grant about this first, but I do want you to be the God mother of this child.

Call me, Jane.

Love, Lizzie.

hi