Chapter 2

The weather was pretty sunny when I woke up in the morning, which was normal. The weather in Tulsa was always a bit spontaneous. I heard Tim downstairs, meaning it must be after ten. 'I really need to get a clock or somethin'' I thought.

  I was lucky; today was one of those rare days where I didn't have anything planned to do. Although, it was weird. I thought I'd be relieved. But there was a part of me that was screaming, "Get out!! Do something!!" I guess my mind isn't content without some kind of action.

  I finally rolled out of bed and went to find Tim. There was something I needed to ask him. I found him sitting on the counter with a bowl of cereal. "Hey," he said through a mouthful of cornflakes, "Need somethin'?" "Uh, yeah..." I said. "Mind if I use your car?"

  Let me explain something: It's hard to get Tim, or anyone, really, to trust me. Especially with a car. If you knew my past with cars, you wouldn't either. So this was a risky thing, asking Tim to use his oh-so-beloved car.

  He immediately shook his head. "You know damn well you ain't usin' my car!" I groaned. "I'll be careful, Tim, I swear!"

  "Don't give in, Tim," I heard Angela say from upstairs. Tim laughed. "Well, Curly, I guess your walkin' today!" I sighed and walked upstairs. I didn't know what I was gonna be doin'  that day, but I might as well have gotten dressed.

  I figured, since it was July, that wearing my usual wouldn't work. That's when I realized, I didn't own much more than a few pairs of jeans, some T-shirts and leather jacket. Wow. I thought about going to the store, but decided against it.

  Maybe I should visit Ponyboy.

  Ponyboy and I go back a ways- we were friends back in elementary school. We were some close, too. Spent most of our time together. That all ended the first time I got thrown in the cooler; Pony's older brother didn't like that tok much. So, I figured, why not go hang out with my old friend?