Training

You woke up in a little shack. You heard an explosion and immediately ran outside.

"Well hello sleeping beauty."(Disney princesses :-P) Zuko said. Iroh winked. You were getting tired of his winking.

"What are you guys doing?" You asked.

"I'm trying to master lightening." Zuko said looking down, kinda sad. You shook your head. Lightening was hard for you to master. You didn't know how Zuko would do it.

"I made you some tea. It's inside if you want it." Zuko said. Iroh shook his head violently at you. Zuko's tea was not the best. You of course did not tell him that.

"No I'm good." You said. After a few more explosions Zuko got frustrated.

"Ugh! Why can't I do it? It's just exploding in my face! Like everything always does." Zuko whined.

"YN, can you try to teach me?" Zuko asked.

"That's not a good idea." You said. You knew it wasn't a good idea to teach your crush something.

"Why?" Zuko asked. It pained you that this made him feel so bad so you just made something up.

"It's not my destiny to be a teacher. It's my destiny to learn how to master some things to defeat whoever I need to." You lied.

"I was afraid this would happen." Iroh said.

"What?" Zuko asked.

"You cannot master lightening until you deal with the inner turmoil inside you." Iroh said.

"Why? I'm as proud as ever." Zuko said.

"You cannot deal with the turmoil with pride, you must use humility." Iroh said.

"Well my life has been nothing but humbling lately." Zuko said.

"I know. I will teach you something that even Azula doesn't know. Because I made it up myself." Iroh said. Zuko smiled. You loved it when he smiled. Even though it was so rare, his smile was the best thing about him. Other than his gold eyes. You realized Azula's eyes were more Amber like tree sap when Zuko's were a beautiful gold.

You knew that Iroh was going to teach Zuko how to redirect lightening. He jad taught you the same thing a while ago. You decided to practice your starbending. You threw stars at a tree for a little while. You eventually got bored and decided to use the glider Aang made you. You pulled it out and decided to fly for a while to clear your mind. Your airbending was definitely getting better.

When you landed your mind still hadn't cleared. You wondered why you were so antsy. After a while you went out to see that Zuko and Iroh were arguing.

"What? No! I'm not going to strike you!" Iroh shouted.

"I thought the whole point of this was to teach me how to defend myself." Zuko said.

"Well yeah but I'm not going to shoot lightening at you. If you are lucky you'll never have to use this technique." Iroh said.

"YN?" Zuko asked.

"Hell no! If Iroh doesn't want to shoot you what makes you think I want to?" You said.

"Fine. I'll find my own lightening." Zuko left on the ostrich horse. You went after him but Iroh stopped you.

"Don't. It's pointless." Iroh said.

You went to go build an earth tent to sleep but you couldn't because you were to antsy. Eventually someone came in your tent. You got up into your fighting stance.

"Whoa whoa, it's just me." The voice said.

"Godammit Zuko you scared me." You said.

"It's just- well it's about-" Zuko started.

"C'mon. Spit it out before you choke on it." You said.

"Can I sleep with you? Like not sexual or anything, just I'm kinda-"

"Sure." You answered. "Just let me put on some clothes." You were currently in your wrap and panties so you got up to go get your pj's.

"You know your beautiful. Scars and all." Zuko hugged you from behind. You blushed.

"Don't cover yourself. I love your burned shoulders. I love your burnt leg. I even love the lightening scar." Zuko said.

"Oh what, you don't love my wrist." You teased.

"No I don't. Not only did I give you that but I gave you it on purpose." Zuko said.

"Zuko that's behind us now. You know I love you too but I'd rather deal with that after we've dealt with this whole banishment stuff." You said.

"Ok. Let's get to bed." Zuko said. You knew he slept shirtless and when he took off his shirt you couldn't help but stare.

"You said you'd rather deal with that stuff after the banishment." Zuko said. You realized he'd caught your staring.

"Shut up." You said. You two crawled into your sleeping bag while Zuko held you in his arms. You didn't feel antsy anymore.