Caught

My heart fell as I listened to Draco's story. Maybe it was stupid of me but I felt bad for him. He really didn't seem all that bad, just confused and maybe a little misunderstood. Before I could reply he quickly changed the subject. "We'd better start heading back." He said and started down towards the ground.

I quickly followed and hopped off my broom once the ground was within reach. Draco had already started to walk away and I could tell that something was bothering him and he didn't want me to see. I quickened my pace until I finally caught him up to him just as he got to the exit and was inside the archway of the exit.

I grabbed his arm. "Draco." I said as I did and he whipped around breaking my grip. His mouth was open like he was prepared to say something but as our eyes caught he stopped and for a moment we just stared at each other.

The next thing I knew I had my arms around his neck and his were at my waist and our lips were pressed together. The kiss only lasted a few seconds and the world seemed to literally explode around me. Suddenly there was a spitting/spewing noise and Draco and I quickly jumped apart, startled.

A blush instantly invaded my face as I took in the sight before me. Standing in the doorway was Ron with a cup in his hand, his eyes bulging, and water spewed all over the floor. That would explain the spitting noise. Standing with him looking equally as shocked was Harry.

A wave of intense awkwardness washed over all of us and I had no idea what to do. My instincts told me to simply run and get out of there. Thankfully Draco saved me from having to come up with an idea on my own by taking the first step towards the exit. Ron and Harry seemed so at a loss that they just continued to stare as Draco walked around them and I followed close behind him.

The instant we had cleared them I bolted for the castle desperate to excape the confusion bubbling inside me. As I reached the door to the Ravenclaw common room I answered the question it gave me and slipped inside. I collapsed onto one of the plush blue sofas by the fireplace which was alive with dancing flames.

"Kristen? Is everything okay?" Someone said and I looked up to see Luna. "I'm not really sure." I asnwered with a sigh. "You can tell if it will make you feel any better." She said and took a seat on the floor in front of me. I quickly decided that I might as well tell her before she found out somewhere else. Ron didn't seem like he would be good at keeping things to himself anyhow.

I explained it to her as best as I could. Everything I had been feeling and everything that had happened. Luna was an amazing listener and very attentive. "I'm not very good with matter of the heart, I'm sorry to say. I'm happy to lend an ear, but I fear now I cannot give you any advice." She said sweetly.

I smiled. "It's alright. It was just good to say everything out loud." She smiled back and nodded before retreating up to bed. By this time most of the common room had cleared out and I made my way up to my own bed. I fell asleep to dreams of Draco.

In the morning I made my way to class with anxiety of going to Defense Against the Dark Arts and seeing Draco and Harry. Draco was actually in my transfiguation class and my potions class, but he had been absent yesterday. Ron was in my Care of Magical Creatures class and Hermione was in my Arithmancy and Ancient Ruines classes.

Charms at least blissfully free of awkward moments but as soon as class released and my feet began drag towards the D.O.D.A. room my heart began to flutter nervously. I was one of the first ones in the class and I quickly sat down. A few moments later Draco slid into the seat beside me. "Look Kristen about yesterday..." He trailed off and looked behind him before turning back around to the front with his jaw clenched.

I turned to look to see Harry looking at me. I turned back quickly, afraid of seeing judgement in his look. "All right I want everyone to grab a partner and find a spot with lots of room in the front. Make sure you have you wand." Professor Jones said and I instantly looked to Draco to see he was already looking at me. We stood and made our way to the front and found a spot.

"We are going to practice more with non-verbal spells today. I knew you all got some practice with them in 6th year, but I feel it is important for all of year to master the spells you already know non-verbally. Start out with your partner trying to disarm them without words." Professor Jones explained then began to walk around the room as people began.

I was fairly good with non-verbal spells but I had had little practice with them. I stared at Draco with my wand pointed firmly at him the same as his was on me. I clenched my jaw trying not to get distracted as I focused on the spell I was trying to preform. I didn't even get a chance to take a single breath before my wand flew from my hand.

"Very good Mr. Malfoy. Now let Miss. Taylor try to disarm you." Professor Jones said stiffly, but smiled at me. I quickly retrieved my wand and tried again. Draco was extremely good. It only took him a few seconds and now as I focused it took me about a minute to finally send his wand flying. 'Very good. You can both go sit down and wait or you can continue to disarm each other if you wish." Professor Jones said.

"Let's go sit." I told Draco and he nodded before heading back to our table in the middle of the room. We weren't the first one's back and I was a bit surprised to see that Harry still wasn't back in his seat, but when I looked I saw his partner was having some trouble.

"Draco I'm just going to say this. Yesterday when we kissed you cannot tell me you didn't feel what I felt." I said quickly and waited a moment for him to reply. He nodded slowly. "I did, and I've never felt anything like that in my entire life." He answered so softly I barely heard him.

I smile played on my lips and when he saw his seemed to quirk up just the slightest. "Kristen, let's meet right after our last class, before dinner, in the great hall." He said and I nodded eagarly. He seemed to hesitate a moment and I wondered what he was going to do, then he surprised me by lightly taking my hand under the desk.