chapter one

"Yuki, zero, this is ayako." I looked at the two standing in front of me. "She's your new sister." He beamed. I messed with my sleaves of my sweater.

  "Hi, ayako, I'm yuki." A girl smiled she had short brown hair and big brownish red eyes. The silver haired boy just stare at me.

  "Y-you can call me aya." I whispered shyly. She looked at me surprised at my shyness before she smiled brightly.

  "Come on, I'll show you around the school and get you your uniform." Yuki grabbed my hand with a bright smile.

  "Just a sec yuki, I want you two to know that she is going to become a guardian."

  "So take her back to your office after the run down?" Yuki asked he nodded and she then dragged me from the house I would now be staying in.

She drug me around the entire campus introduced me to a few people, some teacher, the whole big thing.

After that she let me get my uniform and we went to the headmasters office.

  "Ayako, here you go." He handed me a box and I looked at it. "Your first day as a guardian starts tomorrow, you better get you sleep, you have a long day ahead of you." He told me. I nodded nervously.

  "Thank you." I told him. He smiled warmly.

So much kindness from a man I barely know, so much happiness from a girl who looks like she has a dark past, its baffling.

I could typically get a good read on people, tell what there eyes hide. I could always tell when someone was lying. It was just something I could do.

Yuki lead me back to the headmaster house where I got my own room and she smiled warmly.

  "If you ever need anything, just let me know, I'm here to help." She smiled before leaving me alone.

How am I excepted so easily. I barely talked I stuttered when I did, I could tell they where weary around me, and that I may have just met zero but he already hates me. What has happened to my life?

I sat on my bed and looked at the wall in front of me.

It was so bare and unsettling to me. Noting was on it, no dresser, no desk, not even a door.

Images flashed through my head and my hand touched my chest. The wall sat there as blood flashed over before disappearing.

The man stood in front of me glitching closer. I backed up on the bed staring at the empty room.

Nightmears, blood covered nightmares.

I hugged my knees to my chest and buried my head in my knees.

The pain in my chest lit and I couldn't breath. I couldn't make a sound.

Finally my long wanted tears streamed down my face.

  "Go away." I whispered falling to my side.

I sobbed into my pillow soon falling asleep.

The next day I was woken up by my new father.

  "Come on, its your first day." I rose from my bed slowly and he smiled leaving me to change.

I put a tank top on then a thin white hoddie, then the blazer, and skirt.

I opened the box I was given yesterday and saw twin pistols with two thigh holsters.

I gritted my teeth before attaching them to my thigh.

Downstairs yuki, zero, and cross sat waiting for me at the table.

I sat in the only empty seat and cross gave me food. I smiled for thanks and sat there silently as they all talked while eating.

When breakfast was done I followed yuki and zero to our class.

A lot of people stared. A lot of people asked if my hair color was natural.

I started to play with gray strands of hair.

In class I was fourced to sit next to zero, behind yuki.

He glared at me when he wasn't sleeping, and slept when he wasn't glaring at me.

But I had no other choice but to ignore the boy and take notes instead.

At the end of each class people flooded around me asking none stop questions. Of course all I could do was stutter the answer.

At the end of the day I was taken across the bridge to help block the girls.

Zero got one side and yuki and I handled the other.

  "C-can you please stop pushing?" I mumbled. Instantly my entire half quite pushing and stood in there spots gushing over the vampires that exited the gates.

One of the clearly more popular men in the night class did some weird hand movement causing all girls to crowd around him shoving me and yuki down. I hit the pavment hard automatically being reminded of that night. I sat up dusting off my blazer before slowly rising to my feet.

When I turned to yuki I saw zero holding a mans hand and glareing at him. Yuki looked shocked and people in the night class stare at him hate clear and evident.

  "Oh scary." The man said before walking past me to the rest of the night class.

I gulped as he glanced at me.

In the nervousness I held I started playing with my ring.

  "Hey, aya, what's wrong?" Yuki asked.

  "N-nothing." I gave her a smile and she looked at me weirdly, she didn't believe me.

She then went to yelling at zero and zero snapped back.

That feeling, I hate that feeling, the feeling of a vampire being to close, the feeling that I'm missing something.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by yuki grabbing my hand and dragging me through the school telling me about night watch.

I can't remember anything except that night.

Who the hell was that?

My nerves where on spike as I walked around by myself yuki and zero taking up different parts of the campus.

The inside of the building was creeper than the outside.

I heard walking in front of me and I looked up slowly seeing the night class leaving there classroom to go back to the moon dorms.

  "So she's the new guardian? She looks to...nervous and frightened to be a guardian." I heard one mutter as they passed.

I let out a small sigh.

He was right, I am way to shy, and nervous to be a stupid guardian, but I have no idea why I am one.