Chapter 2: Bandit Killer

Nex, after a  little while of thinking, decided to keep his stat points but get 2 additional skills in the necromancy skill tree with his last points. Both were basically upgrades to the create undead minion skill. 

Destroy minion- By saying "destroy" Nex could turn his minion into ash.

Command minion- Nex could now command his minion to attack someone specific or not attack someone and such.

He had been hunting for about 30 minutes and had just finished wiping out a group of 40 wolves. He was currently busy petting a grey wolf with red eyes which was most likely his minion. 

-Nex: Follow me.

The wolf then followed behind him further into the forest. He heard some voices and what sounded like rustling chains in front of him and commanded his wolf to stop with a hand gesture, surprisingly it worked. He hid behind a tree in wait for whoever was going through the forest.

The first thing that came into his sight were three men, presumably human, they were clad in the same black leather armour with red decorations and wearing hoods. The only way to distinguish them was the fact that they all had different weapons. And then there was also what looked like their leader, he wasn't wearing a hood but he was wearing the same armour as the others, with golden decorations instead of red. 

Nex realised one of them was holding onto some chains and as they passed by three werewolves came into sight, they were wearing what looked like rather old and dirty starter clothes, not unlike his own if it hadn't been for the fact that they were completely torn. They had shackles around their hands and feet and were all walking in a straight line behind the group of bandits.

However, it didn't seem like anyone was walking behind the group of werewolves. One of the hooded men decided to speak:

-Hooded man 1: Pesky werewolves, they aren't allowed in our forest.

-Hooded man 2: That's right!

-Leader: Don't worry, soon we can sell them to the highest bidder! Maybe the Baron 'll bid again.

-Hooded man 1: Heh, maybe.

Nex had heard enough, this basically sounded like slavery, he decided that he should act quickly and free these werewolves. Due to Light feet, he could easily move through the bushes barely making a sound, although he still had to be kind of careful to avoid breaking any branches or sticks.

He got out of the bushes silently and snuck up behind one of the men, he then pushed his blade through the back of the man, killing him.

-Man 2: Oi, watch out!

The man attacked Nex, however, Nex blocked the attack and then used power strike on the enemy, sending him flying into his ally and they were both knocked backwards into a tree. 

-Nex:Destroy. Minion!

The wolf was now most likely just a pile of ash in the forest, the man he had killed by stabbing him through the chest rose from the ground with red eyes, although the hole was still in his chest. He rushed at his allies, swinging his sword at them.

-Leader: It's a necromancer! Be careful. 

-Nex: Now it's a fair fight, two versus two.

Nex smirked when he said this, however that smirk was quickly erased by the enemy leader.

-Leader: Fair, ha! 

The leader pulled a great axe of his back with both his hands, the axe was almost completely black but it had a few slightly lighter stains on the blades. With one swing of his axe, he cut Nex's minion clean in half. The other hooded man then fired an arrow at Nex. The arrow hit him in the side but he pulled it out quickly and threw it on the ground.

This seemed nearly impossible for Nex to win. He had to think quickly, however, he couldn't really think of anything. Suddenly a pack of wolves, probably around 20 or so of them jumped up from the bushes behind the two men. 

Nex looked to his right at the prisoners who were standing completely still, however, one of them had a crooked smile on his face and was looking directly at Nex. Nex quickly formed an idea of what had happened and nodded a thank you before he dashed straight at the archer with his sword pointed towards him.

 He managed to quickly kill the archer with the help of the wolves. But, all of the wolves were now dead. The leader apparently also knew what had happened since he was moving towards the werewolf prisoners. Nex knew what to do almost instantly this time. A bunch of see-through light blue orbs rose from the bodies of the wolves and gathered at his right hand.

-Nex: Soul gathering!

Suddenly a blue light exploded from his right hand and as it disappeared there was a giant see-through light blue wolf between the leader and the werewolves. The wolf was drooling all over the leader, most likely scaring the leader judging by his expression.

Nex took this opportunity to hit the leader from behind, however, the leader managed to block the attack and was now turned towards Nex.

-Leader: Damn necromancer, this is ridiculous. I'll just kill you first!

-Nex: You mean I'll kill you, right?

Nex smiled wickedly as he said this he had it under control now. The leader tried to attack Nex with a powerful side attack from his axe but he ducked under it. 

-Nex: That would have killed me instantly, careful where you swing that.

He kicked the leaders legs so that he stumbled backwards and then cut him before jumping backwards. 

-Leader: Damn... I guess I'll have to use this... SKULL SPLITTER!

The leader raised his axe high and prepared to strike heavily at Nex' s head, however as he tried to use it on Nex, The see-through wolf jumped in between the two and took the hit, disappearing in the process.

-Nex: I told you to be careful with where you swing that!

He thrust his sword into the chest of the leader making him fall to the ground, dead.

-Nex: I was hoping to get some information from him...

He sighed and began searching the corpses for keys to free the prisoners. As he did this he also took the opportunity to loot them, he found the following items sort off useful for him:

A brown leather sheath that actually, somehow fit his sword perfectly, and he also got the leader's black leather armour and one of the bandit's hood. There were also two daggers attached to to the armours belt. Oh, and he got the key too of course.

He got the key out and unlocked the prisoners shackles. The one who had been smiling before was the first to speak out:

-Arion: Hello, the name's Arion and let me be blunt, thank you for saving us but I think we might need your help some more.

-Nex: Well, this sounds like it might be interesting, please do tell me more.

Nex smiled at the three werewolves in front of him, maybe this battle might lead to something interesting?

  So, that's the second chapter, thought I would leave it on sort of a cliffhanger. Hopefully, you enjoyed it and don't forget to check out @beatcr who made the original Dreamland mmorpg and also makes way better stories than me.