One

Now, I know we've all heard this theory, but now I believe it in both ways..

If a tree falls in a forest, and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?

As you can see, I bolded 'no one there to hear it,' and 'does it make a sound?'

I also underlined the word 'sound'

The reasons for this will be explained in a moment.

So, basically, it boils down to, if no one, no creature is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

Of course, there are only two answers, yes, and no.

I will now tell you why each of them is right,

and why each of them is wrong.

If you answered yes, probably in the opinion of most, you are defiantly right...

and also horribly wrong.

Saying, yes, the tree does make a sound, is basically the opinion of people who do not want to answer no, because they see it as selfish. They take it that, in saying no, they are stating that if they themselves are not there to hear it, that it doesn't make a sound to any other creature.

Therefore, this is correct, because, to other creatures, it supposedly makes a sound to them, even if you yourself are not there to hear it.

This is also incorrect,
because, sound waves themselves, do not make a sound.

I will tell you now, why they don't.

Sound waves themselves, do not make sounds, that is, until they hit your eardrum directly.

Think of it this way;

  This is true, because if sound waves did make sounds by themselves, then people on the streets would be able to hear your entire telephone conversation.

This theory is also the reason that people say no,

This is so, because the line states "If there is no one there to hear it" this tells us that it means, taken literally, that there is not even a single ant to hear the blast. and, if there is no one/nothing there, there is no creatures eardrum to take in the soundwaves.

I am not saying in the least, that 'yes' is completely wrong, for I myself could be completely oblivious to the fact that my theory about sound waves not making sounds, could very well be completely wrong itself, and that my telephone example, is, by me, misunderstood.

I may have misinterpreted it because, you know how things can move faster than we can see them?

Things can also move faster than we can hear them.

So, that means, if my earlier theory was wrong, that sound waves can make sounds, and in our telephone situation, the people could hear the conversation, if they could hear at the speed of sound.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope that maybe this helped you understand why people think some of the things that you would say 'hold on, what?' to. ^w^

But, of course, I need the opinions of others!!

Comment, read, vote, share, follow, and ask me your questions! I'd love to try and figure them out!

Ty Wattpad!

                   ~WikiDaChat <3