Frozen Memories

Note: Italicized parts in the beginning and end are part of the future. It'll eventually tie together. Following chapters will be much longer.

------------------------------

. Introduction .

    The snow gently fell on her, it’s coldness providing her with a cool blanket. Coldness was something that she had grown used to over the years, both from the weather and from people. It wasn’t uncommon for people to give her the cold shoulder. At first, it bothered her, but then she grew used to it. She became a loner, relying on no one but herself and her Pokemon. She knew that her Pokemon would never let her down.

    Shina stepped outside the PokeCenter, letting the sun envelop her in its warmth. Perhaps that little bit of comfort would be able to take her mind off of her current situation. With a sigh, she reached into her bag and pulled out her badge case. Seven badges, and I’ll never be able to get the last one, she thought.

    “Shina!”

    The light blue haired girl turned to find the source of the voice, only to discover that it was Nurse Joy running after her. Shina had known this particular Nurse Joy since she was a little girl.

    The Pokemon nurse finally caught up to the girl, putting a few seconds aside so she could catch her breath. “Your Pokemon,” the nurse began once she regained her composure. “It’s odd for you to just leave without letting your Pokemon have a check-up.”

    Shina’s lavender eyes refused to meet with Nurse Joy’s, her vision becoming blurry against her will. She had been trying to get away from that subject, but it seemed that she couldn’t. She would have to face the facts eventually. “I don’t have them with me,” she replied, her voice soft and void of emotion.

    Nurse Joy’s confusion was too evident. “But you always have them with you, don’t you? What changed?”

    The former trainer shook her head, her ponytail hitting her face in the process. “I guess I did. I became weak, and I lost them. My friends . . . gone. I’ll get my revenge on Team Galactic someday, but not today,” she replied. She had to give herself time to mourn the loss of her Pokemon, her friends. Without saying a goodbye, Shina left her hometown once more, leaving a confused nurse behind her. She had to become stronger. Even without her Pokemon, she would take down Team Galactic. She’d get her revenge for them stealing her Pokemon.

    “Fros-lass,” came Froslass’ ghostly cry from behind her. The trainer turned to face her Pokemon, the blanket of snow that was gathering on her shoulders falling off. Her Froslass floated in front of her, a smile on her face as she greeted her trainer.

    “I guess you’re right,” the trainer replied, a soft smile growing on her face to match the Pokemon’s. “We have each other, so we’ll be fine.”

    The Froslass nodded enthusiastically, glad to get her trainer’s mind off of depressing matters. That is, after all, her self-given job.