Chapter 33.

Nagising ang dalagang si Desireel upon hearing the bombarding on her door. She didn't need to take a peek to see who's who. Malamang sa malamang, mga kuya niyang walanghiya yun.

"Hoy Maria Desireel! Breakfast! Gising na!" It was her kuya Damon's voice. She squeezed her eyes. Hating them is one of her hobbies, but don't get her wrong, she still loves and needs them.

"Isa! Pag ito umabot ng dalawa and you still don't open this door, sisirain ko 'toh." It was her kuya Dominic. Siga talaga. Napilitan siya tumayo sa kama at maglakad papunta sa pinto.

"Magsitigil nga kayo! Ango-OA." He heard his kuya Dexter said, she then heard a polite knock after. "Baby girl? Labas na, let us all eat breakfast together. Labas na ah," the voice said.

There, her favorite Kuya just came to save her life. "Opo!" She giddily said.

"See? That easy, tara sa baba mga 'toh," she heard her kuya Dexter said. She then heard their footsteps faded.

She just washed her face and brushed her teeth before going out of her room and taking the stairs. She can smell the smell of bacons, omelette, fried rice, pancakes and freshly brewed coffee from the kitchen. Having two chefs in the house has it perquisite.

"Good morning, world!" She shouted, startling everyone in the kitchen.

"Sweetie, you don't get to shout like that again," her mom, Daze, said.

"Sorry, mom!" She said and kissed her in the cheeks.

"Get your acts together, Maria Desireel. You're a politician's daughter." Her dad's favorite mantra, there goes again!

"Apologies," she said. Politician's child problems. She need to act prim and refined, like what is people expecting her to be. One wrong move, her father's rep will be ruined.

They all sat in their usual places in the ship. Of course, with the patriarch in the center, her mom on his right hand, her kuya Dexter beside her mom and her kuya Damon in his left hand, his kuya Dominic beside her kuya Damon, and her, beside her kuya Dexter.

"Desireel, lead the prayer." His dad said. Oh that. She grimaced and did what was told. After praying, they talked about stuffs, specifically all about his brothers.

Sometimes, she felt like an outcast. She doesn't feel like a part of the family, she's nothing but a pain in the neck. She likes it that way, kiber naman niya. She's living her life like she's going to die tomorrow. You only live once kaya!

Plus, sanayan lang naman yan eh. Her dad often scolds her for being the worst blacksheep, again, she don't care, not unless her dad cut her allowance. That would be the start of Martial Law II in their family.

They were cutted from eating when one of their maidservant came rushing towards them. "Ma'am, e-excuse m-me p-po." The girl said. Mukhang nahihiya. Who wouldn't? Titigan ka ba naman ng buong pamilya nila.

"Ano yun?" Her mom asked.

"Miss Desireel, y-yung kaibigan niyo pong si Jake, nasa labas." the maidservant said.

Patay. She looked at her kuya Damon. Even her kuya was wide-eyed. Ano namang ginagawa ng mokong na 'yun sa bahay nila? Sana ay tinext nalang siya nito. Mukhang mabubuking pa ata sila.

"Jake Ejercito?" Tanong ng ama. Fingers crossed. Patay ka, Desireel.

"Opo." nakayukong sagot ng katulong.

"Papasukin mo." Her dad said, smiling. Her kuya Damon kicked her under the table.

"Oh," her kuya Damon clutched in his stomach.