Amercia Sings- Chapter 2

The dedication is for TowerOfCookies for making the awesome cover! Thank You So Much!!

***

The only person besides James that I will sing in front of is Mrs. Clutter. She is the schools choir teacher. She is super nice and is very supportive. She always tries to get me to try out for the advanced choir but I won’t even try out for regular choir. I won’t risk anyone hearing my voice.

I was able to convince my mom to drop me off at school early so that I wouldn’t have to listen to that show off Jessica. It was finally Friday so Mom had the day off. I was currently walking into the choir room so that I could talk to Mrs. Clutter for awhile to pass the time.

“Amber!” Mrs. Clutter exclaims when she sees me.

“Hi Mrs. Clutter,” I greet warmly.

“It’s been so long!” Mrs. Clutter and examines me. “You’ve grown so much!”

“I don’t think I’ve even grown an inch,” I tell her sadly. I was 5’5”. It wasn’t short but it wasn’t tall either.

“No matter,” Mrs. Clutter says, waving it off. “You know about the concert coming up in October, right?”

“Of course,” I say and feign being appalled.

“Well I can’t decide between these two songs and I need some help,” Mrs. Clutter explains while shifting through stacks of papers.

“Um, yeah ok sure,” I say uncertainly, not understanding exactly what she wanted.

“Here,” Mrs. Clutter hands me a small booklet of music. I examine it and look at her in confusion.

“I would like you to sing it for me. I need to know which sounds better,” Mrs. Clutter explains.

I nod and open it up. It was some type of old music, you know the type that no matter who sung it, it would still be bad.

Mrs. Clutter starts to play the piano and I start to sing.

“Here I am waiting.

Abide in me I pray.

Here I am longing.

For you Yeah

Hide me in your love

Bring me to my knees

May I know Jesus

 More and more,” I sing in a soft voice that slowly gets louder.

Mrs. Clutter is nodding and smiling the whole time. I just keep singing.