Babysitting?

∙∘↠Emily's POV↞∘∙

I woke up with a headache this morning. Great and I have to work. I thought groaning at the thought. I got up and remembered that last night I had fought with Claire and Owen made me have a sleepover in his bungalow. No wonder I had a headache. I walked to the kitchen and found some Advil and got a glass of water. I took the pill and decided to watch tv until Owen woke up. I would have made breakfast or something but my head hurt like crazy. It was pulsing. Yeah that's how bad it is. There was never anything good on that was in English except for the news so I just watched random news stories for like a half hour till Owen woke up.

"Morning!" He sang. I groaned covering my ears. "Did you just wake up?" He asked. I shook my head and said, "I have a really bad headache." He nodded and asked, "Did you take any medicine?" I nodded. "I'll make breakfast then." He said as he walked to the kitchen. After about 10 minutes he called me over. I sat down and he put a batch of pancakes on the table. I got two pancakes and put some butter on them. Then I drizzled some warm syrup all over them. We ate in silence just listening to the tv. I was glad that he wasn't bombarding me with questions. That would only make my headache worse.

After I ate, I felt a little better but I still had a headache. "So do you think-." He was cut off by a knock at the door. He got up and answered it. I heard the voice I was dreading the most. Ugh! It's fricken Claire! I whined in my head. Owen walked back in and said, "She wants to see you." I sighed and walked to the door. "What?" I asked as soon as I got there." "I just wanted to say I'm sorry. About the things I said yesterday. It's just that I was frazzled because my sister is sending her sons over today and I was trying to get everything ready-I'm sorry." She finished. I sighed and nodded. "I guess I'm sorry too. I was kind of being a jerk..." I trailed off. "Alright so now that we have that out of the way, I have a favor I need from you." She slowly said. I groaned and rolled my eyes. "What Claire? What is it that you need me to do?" I asked annoyed. "Well my nephews are coming and I want them to have a good time..." She trailed off a little. "What? You want me to babysit them?!" I asked raising my voice. "No it's not babysitting. More like giving them a behind the scenes into your training. That's all and then Zara will meet them in the Center and you don't have to worry about them anymore." She tried bribing me. "When?" I asked still annoyed. "Today." She said. I shook my head. "Nope sorry I can't. I have the biggest headache ever and I'm not going to deal with YOUR nephews." I said loudly and walked back inside slamming the door. "Woah woah woah! Take it easy! You're gonna break the door!" Owen said coming over. I huffed and sat on the ground in front of the door. "What does she want you to do?" He asked obviously knowing that whatever it was I wasn't happy about it. "She wants me to babysit her stupid nephews. She thinks that they'll have a good time with me or something. But maybe they'd have a good time if their aunt would actually hang out with them instead of finding random people to dump them on!" I ranted clearly not up to the idea. "Maybe we could take shifts. Like you show them River for a while and I'll show them my raptors. That way you don't have to deal with them the whole time." He said. I sighed realizing that that didn't sound too bad of an idea. "Alright. Fine I'll do it." I huffed. "Good now go get dressed and I'll tell Claire." He said. I reached my hand up and he looked at me weird. "Help me!" I whined. He scoffed and helped me up. "Thank you." I said going out the door.

I walked back to my trailer went to my room to find something to wear. I put on a black short sleeve (semi) crop top, some high waisted denim shorts, and a green army jacket. I put on some black Doc Martins and grabbed my backpack. I passed the mirror on the way out and realized my hair was out of control. I groaned. Why does being a girl have to be so hard?! (A.N. Comment if you feel the struggle 😂) I quickly plugged in my straightener and quickly straightened my hair. I sighed deciding if I really wanted to go out like this. Who really gives a crap?! Not me!