Should've Said Sorry (Tadashi x Reader)

Start from the beginning

Tadashi didn't seem like he was in his right mind, "I don't know! But I was hoping you'd go to SFIT then we could've been together!"

You froze, 'could have been', tears falling more at his choice of words and the tone, "So...... so you're saying we can't be..... together?" Your voice cracked and squeaked weakly.

Tadashi looked at you and huffed, "Obviously! I mean have seen the stories and moves or whatever! Long distant relationships never work OUT!"

Your heart shattered and anger took over again, "FINE! We only had to keep faith in ourselves to know we CAN stay together! Its obvious you don't want to be with me any more!"

Tadashi watched you pack all your stuff, feeling very dazed at what's happening right before him. Things ran through his mind, making him confused.....just everything all at once.

Slam!

Tadashi jumped at the front door slamming loudly and he finally sees you're not there. "(Y/n)?"

He ran. Tadashi ran, almost slipping on the stairs and ran out the door, ignoring whatever his aunt yelled.

"(Y/n)!" His chest felt a heavy weight on it as he picked a direction and ran. A very fluttery feeling was in his chest as well like he couldn't breath.

"(Y/N)!! (Y/N)!!! WHERE ARE YOU!? I DIDN'T MEAN IT!"

Everywhere he looked, he couldn't see you with so many people and vehicles all around him. Tadashi felt so trapped.

"(Y/N)!" Tadashi yelled again, losing his voice. "(Y/n)!" He leaned on a brick wall, tears flooding his eyes and he felt so numb.

"(Y/n)........." He slide to his knees, sobbing in his hands ans losing his voice.

-

With you, you had stepped out of the garage of the Hamada residents, knowing very well Tadashi would try to follow. Luckily you just hid, then walked toward the airport.

You had everything ready just in case Tadashi did this, it's not like you didn't trust or have faith in him. Its just you couldn't coope with him hurting you in any way when he didn't mean it.

Before you stepped inside the big building, you ran to the family bathroom and burst into tears.

"I'm sorry, Tadashi! So so sorry....."

-

Over those short years, or was it long years, you didn't know, but, you felt like you two drifted somewhere.

The only thing was.........you two still love each other, still remembered each other, and the promise.

"Don't worry. We still have our promise that we'd get married once we see each other again. I'll wait........." Both of you said at the same time and different places.

Tears dropped from your face and Tadashi's, "......that's how much I love you."

------------------------------

There sat a ring on both of your fingers. A marriage ring. That broke both of your hearts right there, but you two smiled a little instead.

"So......you got engaged?" Tadashi asked quietly.

You took a breath in and sighed, nodding, "Yes.........I see you did as well."

That made both of you chuckle a bit, though Tadashi sighed sadly, "Actually......I've been married for two years now."

Silence took its place around you two until. Hearts aching and both trying not to break down.

You sniffed then chuckled breathlessly, "I guess........" You gulped, "I guess we broke our promise then."

Tadashi didn't look at you and nodded, "Yeah......."

"(Y/n)! It's time to go, sweetheart." Your fiancé smiled warmly at you, wrapping an arm around you to pull you close.

You smiled, leaning into him which made Tadashi swallow the lump in his throat, "I....I guess I'll see you around, (Y/n)."

Both of you gave a look in your eyes of love before walking away.

Tadashi leaned on a wall and let out silent tears, *I still love you, (Y/n).*

-

You got into the car as your fiancé drove, looking out the window and letting out a single tear.

*I still love you, Tadashi.*

-

Tadashi wiped his face and walked back to his home in a heartbroken state, "I should've never let you walk out that door."

-

-

-

"I should've said I'm sorry."