Chapter 9

Ryan’s POV

I woke up to the sound of a car door slamming shut, cursing whoever was crazy enough to be awake at this hour. I dragged myself out of bed and jumped out of the window landing on the ground and shifted before taking off running, as I ran I picked up on Ash’s beautiful strawberry scent, it filled the air as if she’d just run through. I followed the trail she left behind until I found myself back at the pack house and it stopped.

I looked around and sniffed trying to find where she had gone and then I noticed a curtain on the second floor dancing in the wind, she had jumped up to her room, it made me proud thinking how strong and coordinated she must be to make the jump.

I shifted back and grabbed some basketball shorts pulling them on and walking inside and up to Ash’s room I knocked and walked in when I got no reply, I searched the room to find no trace of her.

Instantly my wolf was on high alert and I ran down the stairs trying to find if she was down there, I tried to mind link her but she was out of range, my wolf was cursing and howling in my head. I ran into Braydon’s office, “Dude have you seen Ash?” I asked quickly.

“No why?” he replied calmly “She’s not in her room and I can’t find her” instantly Braydon was up and on the phone and mind linking different people. Ash’s father Tobias walked in and sat down leisurely in an arm chair opposite the desk.

“So have you boys calmed down from yesterday?” He asked calm as ever, “Yes we are over that but now we can’t find Ashley” he stood up quickly and ran out of the room taking the quicker approach of talking to people.

“What?” Braydon said loudly into the phone, “Oh I see….Yeah okay…Are you sure that’s a good idea…Okay see you then…Bye” Braydon talked into the phone. “Who was that?” I asked quickly while still pacing. “Georgia…she said that Ash needed a break and so they went up the coast” I growled at his reply.

“Why would she need a break she is our mate” My wolf howled from my head, I agreed with him and continued to pace. “She said that they are having a girls day and then going clubbing” “WHAT!” I yelled my mate couldn’t go clubbing another man could touch her and I hadn’t marked her yet so anyone could.

“Yeah so Georgia said to chill out and then if you really want you could go to the club tonight” Braydon said I shook my head instantly “No, I’m going to the beach now and I'm going to bring her back before any sleazy guy can touch her at the club” I spat out angrily.

“No you are not and I can guarantee you that, because if you do I and my father and brother will hold you down and chain you with silver” I winced a little at the mention “Dude, let her live a little, shes eighteen and hasn’t ever had a drink or gone partying, she hasn’t experienced what it is like to be a teen” Braydon reasoned.

I nodded slowly and sat down heavily in the chair, by this time Tobias had come back in looking normal and calm again, Braydon must have linked him. “Why don’t we do some training to keep your mind off it, Dad needs the office today to research” Braydon grabbed my arm and pulled me outside and towards the enforcers.

We joined in training with the guys and did it the whole day until Braydon said it was time to get ready for the club. I ran inside and had a shower washing off the sweat and dirt that caked my face and body, I jumped out and put on some suit pants and a white button down shirt leaving it half open and walked downstairs after pulling on some shoes.

I hoisted myself up into the jeep commander and looked behind at the three various cars behind me filled with guys. I waited alone in the car another five minutes until Braydon came out dressed in a similar way to me, “Hurry up dude, you take longer than the girls” I yelled out the window grinning.