Chapter 28 "The Past"

Start from the beginning

“She died two years ago. Your girlfriend is right over there.” I said and pointed Santana.

He followed the direction of my finger. He grimaces. “What are you talking about Craig? Stop lying… I don’t even know her.” He said firmly and I heard a small gasp coming from Santana.

My eyes narrowed at him. Then I turn to the doctor. “What is happening with him?” I ask.

The doctor sighed. “WE have to talk about this with your parents. I will explain to you what is happening to your brother.” He said.

I nodded slowly. The doctor left. Silence filled the room. I look at Santana and she looks like she’s fighting her tears not to flow any more, while Brian is clenching his fist from what he thought I was saying was a lie. I called Dad and told him what happened.

After some time, the nurse came in and put some meds that made Brian sleep. It’s better this way.

“Santana…” I approached her not knowing what to do.

She looks at me with her red eyes. “What should I do Craig? Why can’t he remember me?” she said with a sad tone, not looking at me but to Brian.

“I don’t know… This time, I really don’t know what to do.” I know I should be boosting her confidence up…but I can’t, I honestly don’t know what to do.

We heard a knock on the door but before I could answer someone came in. Dad.

“What is it… did he really wake up1?” He said looking at me.

I saw Santana lowered her head. “Yeah, the doctor said that we have to talk to him together.”

He nodded and saw Santana… I saw something that dad never showed me…us. It’s like he gave her a soft look, but Santana didn’t see it since she was looking at the floor.

“Let’s go… I already called Kris, so she should be here by now.” With that, the door opened and its Kris, she’s panting.

“How’s Brian?” she said catching her breath.

“We all need to talk to the doctor.” I said firmly.

Dad and Kris stared at each other. I think they are talking through their eyes and then dad broke their contact.

“Let us all go.” He said.

Santana stood up and we all went to the doctor’s office.

“What?!” Dad said after I said everything that happened.

Kris brush Santana’s back when she can’t hold her tears anymore.

“Doctor what is the meaning of this?” Dad said.

Normally, dad never showed us any emotion or concerned about anything. I even thought that he was a robot when I was a child. It’s like he can’t feel anything. But now… it’s like I’m seeing another person.

“Your son forgot about anything that happened after the incident, just like what happened to him two years ago. He doesn’t remember anything, not your new marriage, everything that happened last two years. It’s like he was stuck in the day of the accident he went through… he still thought that it happened yesterday, that Criselda his girlfriend is still alive.” The doctor explained.

“What will happen to him?” Kris asked.

The doctor sighed. “He will be alright. But you have to build another relationship with your step son. Like what you did when you first met him. I don’t know if he will remember you guys again, but you just have to try. And about the accident that happened to him, its better that you take it slowly. He may not take it easy knowing that the person he loves died years ago and not knowing about it.” He said.

I saw dad lowered his shoulders. He looks at Kris. Santana remained her face looking at the floor. I don’t like this, Brian will face that incident again. Why… why now? Now that everyone has already moved on. Now that everything is okay. I buried my face in my palm. The room was filled with silence, we are all thinking of what we should do.

We went back to Brian’s room after talking to the doctor. We were still silent.

“Santana…” Dad broke the silence. “… I already talked to your mother about what I have learned between you and Brian…” Kris looked at Santana and gave her an ‘IT’S OKAY’ look.  “Do you really love him?” Dad asked.

“I do… I really do… with all my heart.” She said honestly. And I know she does love Brian.

“How long have you been together?”

“Seven months…” she said.

Dad looked at Kris and she nods. “Your mom and I decided to get a divorce.” Dad said casually.

“What?!... why?” Santana said stammering.

“Dad what are you doing?” I said.

“We already talked about this… and we agreed that it will be better if we get separated.”

“Is it because of us? Do you really hated it that your son and I are together that you have to sacrifice your marriage just for this?” Santana said.

“Dad you being impulsive, think about for a while.”

“No! because of what happened, if people will find out about this, it is not just my reputation who is at risk here. Your mom will ruined too, Craig and of course you.” Dad said to Santana.

She started to cry so as Kris. “But Bret…. This isn’t fair… are you making me choose between my relationship with Brian and yours with my mom?”

Dad sighed. “Honestly? Yes… I am making you choose.”

With that Santana made a sobbed and… fainted.

“Santana!” I heard Kris shouted.

This is getting more and more complicated.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Another short chapter... but atleast i uploaded... hahahah

please enjoy... don't forget to leave a comment and vote... thank you!!!