Sorting Things Out

"Tell me again why we're sharing the same cart with Percy?" 11 year old George Weasley groaned as Percy was 'conversing' with Charlotte who was looking out the window with a thoughtful smile.

"Excuse me, what?" Percy stopped talking to look at George sternly.

"Is that anyway to speak to your older brother?"

"I think it's because we pity him for not having any friends." Fred whispered. The twins sniggered while Char was still spacing out.

"I do have friends!" Percy shouted, his cheeks pink. Charlotte jumped in surprised and glared at the twins.

"Oh be quiet." She hushed and the two looked taken aback. She turned back to stare out the window with a frown.

Normally she would have joined in on teasing Percy with them. But today she was oddly quiet.

Fred and George looked at each other, eyebrows raised. Then they looked at Percy.

"I think something is wrong with her." George whispered as the three Weasley's huddled together.

"Do you reckon its what mum said before we got on?" Percy whispered.

"What did mum say?" Fred and George said at the same time, looking at Percy curiously.

"She told me that Char is afraid of being separated from people she knows. She scared to, you know, make new friends." Percy frowned. So did the twins.

The three turned to look at Char who sighed for the tenth time.

"I reckon its because she doesn't want to be in Slytherin, growing up with the Weasleys, Slytherins aren't popular in our family." Fred scowled.

"Especially with her family's history." Percy nodded.

"Her family's history?" George and Fred looked at each other, confused.

"She's a Black. All the Blacks have been in Slytherin except one, Sirius Black, but look where he is. Azkaban."

"You can stop whispering you know, I can hear you." Char turned to glare at the huddled group.

The three quickly sat with their back straight against the cushion, afraid of Char's glare.

"How's everyone- is everything okay?" Charles appeared at the door of the compartment, confused as to why Charlotte was glaring at everyone.

"Charlie!" Charlotte jumped up from her seat and ran at the Weasley.

"Whoa!" He laughed as he hugged the small girl.

"Why weren't you at home this morning?!" Char whined.

"I was stuck with these two idiots in the car." She pouted and pointed at the twins.

"Hey!" Fred shouted.

"You have to admit though, we made you laugh very hard." George smirked.

Charlie sighed and sat beside Percy. Char groaned.

"The only reason I was laughing was because you guys were tickling me!" Char kicked the twin's seat. They chuckled.

"Hey at least you were laughing,"

"that's enough for us." George finished.

"What do you mean enough?" Char eyed them.

"Your smile." Fred smiled mischievously.

George chuckled and grinned at the blushing Char.

"Shut up..." She murmured.

The twins pretended to zip their mouths and throw an imaginary key away. Charlotte kicked the chair in between Fred's crotch while blushing, looking out the window.

Fred chuckled nervously and slowly scooted away.

'Not safe' He mouthed to his twin who was making a scared face. Charlotte didn't take her foot back. She smiled sweetly, but scarily at the twins.

The two shivered.

Then suddenly, out of nowhere, Charlotte hissed at them. The twins jumped from their seats, Fred's crotch had landed directly on Char foot. He screamed out in agony while she smiled in satisfaction.

George cowered in the corner.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He repeated over and over again.

Charlie bit his mouth, trying to hold in laughter while the train sped the way towards Hogwarts where the story truly begins.