saturday

"Hey you...are you okay?" Maine asked as soon as the camera and lights were shut off.

"Huh?...uhh...yeah..." Rj answered although he sounded distracted

"You sure?" She said as she gave him her mic and took his hand to walk back to the hosts' room. He handed the mics to the tech guy on their way.

"Love...ang init ng kamay mo...." She said upon feeling his palm in hers. She used her other hand to feel his neck and forehead.

"Love...how do you feel? You're kinda warm..."

"Headache...." was all he said before sitting down on the couch

She motioned to Mama Ten who was standing nearby before sitting beside him. He rested his head on her shoulder as soon as she sat down.

"O here, Love....drink ka muna paracetamol....kaya mo pa?" she said as she gave him a tablet and a bottle of water which she asked from Mama Ten.

He sat up, took the medicine, nodded and settled back on Maine's shoulder.

It was a good thing that the segments before the Trumpets Challenge were a bit long so she had him lie on the couch with his head resting on her lap. She massaged his head while he took a quick nap.

"Love....gising na....you have to get ready na for the dance....kaya?" She whispered into his ear.

He slowly opened his eyes and smiled at her. He had sweated a little while he slept which she wiped away with a towel. He stood up, got dressed and did some final rehearsals with the Baes. His headache wasn't completely gone but he felt a little better after his short nap.

"Congratulations!" everyone cheered as he and Maine re-entered the hosts' room after the show. He still had another mall show to attend while she had a short meeting but was basically free after EB.

"Love....please text me...." she reminded him as they both got ready to leave BW. He didn't say much and just smiled. He kissed her on the temple as he said his goodbyes.

She knew that his being quiet meant that he wasn't feeling well.

"Come home to the condo after....rest...." she texted him as he made his way to the mall.

"I will...."

"Are you still attending SPS rehearsals after the mall?"

"No na siguro....ewan....this headache is not going away...."

His phone rings.

"Hello, Love..."

"O, Love....how are you feeling na?"

"Headache pa rin...." he says quietly then he starts sniffling....

"Are you okay?"

"I think I'm catching a cold...."

"Again? Haayy naku, Rj! That's because you went under the rain yesterday...."

"But I changed naman after...."

"Yeah....but still....matagal din before you got to change, diba? The sugod was a bit long....o basta, come to condo after the mall...."

"Yes, Love....I have to go na....we're going down to the parking lot already...."

"Okay. Take it easy, Love....see you later..."

"Yeah...see you... I love you...."

"....love you...."