Lesson 20: Seduce Me, Please

Start from the beginning

       "You're such a mean girlfriend," Mickey stated, mockingness in his voice, "not wanting to talk to her boyfriend."

       "I-I didn't mean it like that!" Michelle instantly insisted. "Th-They're your friends and… and..." She trailed off. "Sorry," she whispered, her voice calm and collected.

       It surprised him to hear the calm, collected whisper in response from behind, “It’s fine.”

       He swallowed and softly smiled. "I'm just teasing you, Angel," he whispered, not knowing that she swallowed at the nickname since it reminded her of her dream. "It's fine," he echoed, his voice slightly imitating that calm, collective voice.

       “Sorry,” she repeated, sounding sheepish and embarrassed. This apology was for her before apology.

       “You’re adorable,” Mickey complimented, chuckling.

       “Yeah, yeah,” Michelle said dismissively, her voice altering a bit. He didn’t notice it, of course. “Well, what do you wanna talk about?”

       “Anything. I just wanna hear you talk.”

       Silene met the line and Mickey bit his lower lip. Michelle was either blushing like a mad woman, feeling utterly embarrassed, or she hung up. He knew that it was most likely the first choice.

       “You’re mean,” she finally uttered, her voice getting squeakier. “Gosh. Even on the phone, you can make me blush!”

       He couldn’t resist laughing in response. “If only I was there…”

       “Well, we’re still on for our date tonight. Right?”

       “Yeah,” Mickey replied happily, his face brightening, as he shot Ronnie down. He wasn’t really paying any attention to the game, just allowing his character to follow Ronnie and shoot him as much as possible. “You excited?”

       “Uh, maybe,” Michelle murmured bashfully.

       “Wanna know where I’m taking you?”

       She stayed quiet for a moment then admitted, “Honestly, no clue and that kinda worries me.”

       Out of curiosity, Mickey had to ask, “Did O’Connors take you out on dates?”

       “Well, they were more hangouts to say the least.” Another pause. “So, this is pretty much my, uh, first date.”

       One of your firsts that I shall take, he thought joyfully in the back of his head. The thought of being Michelle’s firsts excited him. Never before did Mickey have a girl, or at least a pure one, that he’d be able to do things with her and hold the rightful ranking of being the one to “take that first”. His mind wasn’t even thinking of the “dirty” firsts, because last thing he wanted to do was rush things.

       “Mickey?”

       Mickey’s eyes widened and he snapped back into reality. “Sorry,” he apologized. “Just spaced out.”

       Shouts came from Michelle’s line and he couldn’t hear her responses that well. All he could tell was that she was nervous and scared. Suddenly, she came back on and said, “I have to go. I’ll see you later, Mickey.”

       “Bye, Angel.”

       Mickey couldn’t even see the red paint on her cheeks at his new nickname for her. “Bye, bye,” she bidded then the line was cut.